1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Set Your Priorities

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 15, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal.

Take care of the rocks first – the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

In today's world everyone is so busy that we dont have time for somethings and postpone it. But then when we think of doing that work its too late. Our children lead a hectic life and they have to miss so many things. My son also leads a hectic life and he stays abroad and visits us once in a month First time after a long time he took two weeks off from the office and went on a trip to Haridwar, Rishikesh,Uttarkashi and Gangotri and from there to Himalayas for trecking. Otherwise he is always with his laptop and Mobile working . Glad he went to the temples there and I was worried that I wont be in contact with him when he is in HImalayas. Before that he was updating me where he is. In his age only my husband had gone to Kasi, I was also there with him. Immediately he came back from Himalayas he phoned me and I was relieved.

Yesterday cataract operation for the other eye was there and glad my son was there. In the evening I told him I will take care . He told me if you need me phone me. I had problem in getting an auto , to one auto he came till the clinic and when I came out bringing my husband he had vanished. Again I had to go and fetch an auto and that fellow was kind enough to wait and told me take care and bring him slowly. I told my son that there was problem in getting auto for which he told me I had told you to call me ,why you did not call me. Sometimes my brain does not work properly. Though he has come here, he is always busy working on his laptop. Earlier we used to work from 9 to 5 pm but now a days our children are working always except while sleeping , bathing and having food.

In our life too, there are moments of choice when we are confronted on αll sides with negative thoughts and possibilities.

Some thoughts are so powerful that they overcome us & overwhelm us.

Ask yourself,
    Where is your focus?
    Where is your faith and hope?

In the midst of any storm, do keep faith on the Creator always. He will never ever disappoint you. NEVER.

Remember, He neither slumbers nor sleeps…

kaniths and ashima10 like this.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Yes Viji Ma your post is not mere words they are wisdom.

In a life where everyone is running and a autowalla cannot wait for elderly couple after an operation what else can be said about humanity. May be auto walla got another client and he had to go ...it's his bread and butter too.

Iam happy that Kaku's operation went fine and what am absolute star you are. At this age you have the zeal to take care of all things. Kaku, son, pictures, marriages. Post, opinions, God and yourself too. Took your name in last because I know your priority now . Hope Iam right.

If you can do much at this age than its shameful for us to say time nahi hai. We have to set priority that's all.

About you not calling your son and saying the brain dsnt work sometimes ...no your brain is all fine...we the younger ones are stupid to assume and command to our parents why cdnt you do that. I have done it my husband has done. But what we as children should do is reach upto to even before the call. Why only when called.
    Difficult I know and Iam also not sure if I am making sense.

Hope this alert will make your day

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Ashima dear first of all hugs to you for making my day with your first and only feedback so far. True dear I dont know why that autowalla vanished , actually he was grumbling when I told I will bring my husband. Then when I cameout he was not there. Luckily another autowall was kind enough to wait till I brought my husband out.

It all God's blessings and good wishes from friends and relatives dear. I pray to God that He should give me strength to continue my life like this till the end.

My son would have come but he was busy in office work and hegot a call from Ireland and he had to finish some work , thats why I did not call him. Also at that time it did not strike to call him. No dear you children are always ready to help the parents but sometimes you people are also helpless, so I dont blame you all at all.
    because I had also been a working women and no the priority of office job. I was only a staff but my son is a Director and has more responsbilities.

Ya dear this alert made my day and made this old woman happy , thanks so much. God bless you

ashima10 likes this.