1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Set Of Events - Differing Perspectives

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: Set of events - differing Perspectives :hello:
    My pal began writing
    “Last year, I had surgery to remove gallstones. I was bedridden for long.
    In the same year, and was superannuated…from the company that remained closed to my heart for over three decades and a half.

That same year my beloved mother departed that put put me in Perpetual sadness.
    In the same year, my son failed in his final medical degree exam because of an accident. Treatment costs for him marked the peak of my and his bad luck last year.”
    At the end he wrote:
    “What a nasty year !"

His spouse, from behind happen to read what husband was writing who was looking sad and pensive.

Slowly she ambled away from the room.
    A while later, later she returned to husband's room and put down a piece of paper on his desk. It was written on that paper following text:
    “Last year, my husband finally managed to get rid of his gallbladder which had been making his stomach hurt for years.
    That same year, I am grateful that my husband was able to retire in a healthy and happy state of mind & body. I thank God he was given the opportunity to work and earn for 35 years to support our family.
    Now, my husband can spend more of his time writing, which has always been his hobby.
    In the same year, my 95 year old mother-in-law, without any pain, in her sleep returned to God in peace.
    And still in the same year, God protected our son from harm in a terrible car accident. Our car was seriously damaged by the accident, but my son survived with serious injuries that got straightened with appropriate treatment”.

In the last sentence in her missive she wrote:
    “Last year was a year full of extraordinary blessings from God, and we spent it in wonder and gratitude.”

My friend saw and read her jotting through moist eyes and smiled with ebbing heart. Warm tears flowed down his cheeks.

She was grateful for a different point of view for every event that he had gone through the past year.
    A quite opposite perspective of the same events now made him rejoice.
    Therefore, my dear pals, in this life one must understand that it is not happiness or joy that makes us grateful. It is gratitude that makes us happy/joyful !

”We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”

Doubt and Faith both are the states of mind... Doubt creates the Darkest moments in our Finest Hour, while faith brings finest moments in our Darkest Hour.