1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Server timed out error

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by deva280579, Feb 10, 2010.

1. deva280579

deva280579 Senior IL'ite

Hi moderator,

i am facing this error with some number 503 and it says server temporarily timed out, when i refresh or press the link like my posts or today's post. if its rectified then the users will not face any problem while posting something.

Reg's
    Deva

2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Deva,

Thanks for your feedback. Please provide answers to the below questions so that we could troubleshoot the issue:

1.Which action triggers the server error? ( like you said Today's post or My post, similarly what are the other events that are triggering the error - browsing a particular forum / sub-forum , posting reply in a thread, attaching files to a post etc,)
    2. Do you see the error during a particular time of the day or is it a random occurrence?
    3.How long does the error persist?

Thanks in advance.

3. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Laxmi
    Already reported this to the Admin.
    Already faced this and facing the same since from morning.Its of course random only and reopens after withnin 5 mints.

Mostly during
    1.when giving replies
    2.opening a thread from a forum in a new tab
    3.Most frequently during file attachments.

Thanks.

4. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

I too face the same problem. It always happens while posting a reply. It is not to a particular thread, the occurrence is random but always when replying.

I have to wait for 3-4 minutes before it gets through.

5. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Saroj and Shiva,
    Thanks for your inputs.
    We are exploring on the server resources and if required we would want to optimize the server performance based on the expert advise from the hosting company.

BTW, can any of you tell me if the occurrence of this error is more pronounced during a particular time of the day?

Your feedback helps us to explore further and provide a best browsing experience at IL.
    Thanks once again.

6. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Laxmi....
    Particularly am facing this only in morning hours.
    since from morning am struggling to post a new thread and can't attach my files and the attachment window ends in error message OR the IL page closes with the following error message....

Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.indusladies.com Port 80

Thanks for your efforts.