1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

servants mahathmiyam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ganges, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear ashwin,

thanks for your fb. getting good servant is ones luck I think. Also make them work is an art.

ganges

2. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

Nice post and a true one too,Ganga!

As in all houses ,in mine too my maid is my BOSS:rotfl

II can do without anyone but not Her Magesty! She's indispensible!

So I give in and adjust without a whimper out of the sheer

fear of doing heaps of dirty dishes and and she exploits,blackmails and

bullies me with her absenteesim,creative excuses ,demands for advance at

the drop of the hat and whatnot!!!!!

And the sweetest melody to my ears is the ring on the doorbell early

in the morning -and I know she has arrived and my day

will be hassle free!!!

3. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Hi ganges,
    I coudn't stop laughing reading your DH's comment about servants.How true .We have no other go except to bow to the maid's demands.

4. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi !
    Really ? what attitude, even before getting employed ! So, its that bad in Chennai, eh ?
    " To be with the children in ones old age . it is not only that the children should be a caring ones, but also the servants".:)

Here, we don't see so much arrogance. Right at the time of joining work, they make everything clear about their tea/coffee requirements, off-days if any and timings. They generally dont refuse to do extra work for our guests, but if they think guests will be staying for more than 2 days, some grandmother will die conveniently and they will take off for mourning !!!!
    Since everyone works in at least two homes, they are always on wheels !

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ganges

True now a days servants are very demanding. They also want all the facilities . We had a servant when my children were young. She used to be jealous because I am working . Used to say what for you after you leave the job also you will get pension.

At present luckily i have a good servant but she is uptodate with everything.

love
    viji

6. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear sakambari,

thankyou for your fb. I know, daily the suprabhadam for many of us will be the door bell by the servant. Then the whole day will be good. They demand not only advances but also in kinds. But then they are the bosses.

ganges

7. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear deaf woman,

thankyou for your comments. I think this is the only proffession in which you can boss your boss.

ganges

8. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear tl,

That is true. We are based in kochi. My first son in hyd and second in chennai. In between we were there in blr for some time. So I know this servants nature in all the southern states. Only in banglore we had a very good servant, the one and only we had during our stay for more than 2 years. She cried when we left there. Otherwise all the three states they are like very demanding. Thanks for your FB.

ganges

9. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear viji,

It is nice to see your fb. Oh the pention idea and all didnt strike our chennai queens i think. Now they started telling about sunday holiday types. Apart from that they will take hundred leaves for nothing. Today another lady came and agreed for cooking for lunch and dinner for 2800 rs. We promised that we are leaving after one month and in between will help her to do some things. No vessel washing and no other house holds. We thought fixing her after trial. NObody realised the value of our mothers and MILs who did all house hold without any second thinking. That was there world. Hats off to them.

ganges

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Ganges
    I enjoyed the post and the FBs.

I thought it is better in India. Hmm...have to metally prepare myself to face this. I think they are well informed and so they can demand since they also know that we are dependant on them.

Maids...our bitter sweet friends!