1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

servants mahathmiyam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ganges, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear soldier,

Thankyou for your FB. You are lucky to have a servant who comes regularly. The previous one for my DIL will find 100 reasons to take leave. If we are here she will take more leave and give excuses. They will say all the ill healths except cancer and aids. After that we didnt get any servant.

Now we are here, so they are a bit relaxed. Otherwise it is like a
    race for them daily. poor children.

ganges

2. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Very true Ganges. Offlate i ahve experienced lot of problems wihtout proper servant maids. Myself and my in law had to suffer as my servant maid suddenly stoppedocming. and my god , i think u can even search for a job, but searching for a servant maid is a even more bigger task.....now one lady is coming , but when we put clothes , we make sure that is not more...my god, we do so many calculations , for them to stay and work for us... :)

3. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

hi manasa,

Many thanks for your fb. i think this is the universal problem and most demanding commodity nowadays is labour. we should learn to stand on our own. Now in our house everybody is sharing the house hold.

ganges

4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

I got frustrated with my maids that I decided to buy IFB dishwasher and washing machine for my clothes. Now my dependence on maids has reduced a lot and I am not afraid of their blackmails.

5. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear Epandian,

Thats good. Even then Brooming and wiping the floor is the biggest target you know. And that too if you are working. One good thing is, this generation both the genders are sharing the house hold. not like ours.

ganges

6. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ganges,

Mercifully in Melb, we do not have this problem. Small wonder that Indian women have wisened up & are investing more in vaccum cleaners, washing machines, dishwashers etc.

My Mom's maid took my interview the day I landed from Melb. Wanted to know why I had a kid so late, would have another one etc. When I asked her to mind her own business, she tells me, "Sponser me to Oz. I will take care of your kid & your house."

Thank God she did not say anything about taking care of my hubby.

Shows how they have learnt changed. Now they have unions.

Gone are the days of Loyal domestic helps.

Regards,

Corallux

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear ganges,

that was really funny...nowadays maids come with real attitude.here my day is planned according to my maids convenience,much to my hubbys amusement :)

8. ashwiniks79

ashwiniks79 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ganges...So very true..
    When I employed my servent maid for the first time, all I said was YES to all her demands, She wanted a day off every week, morning tiffin and minimum 2 sarees every year...and she knew anyway that i will employ her as i was desperately searching one..

9. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear corallux,

Thanks for your fb with a humour touch. Ya the servant society in india has changed a lot but chennaites are special in that. The servant who used to come before, I used to talk to her with little respect like vanga, ponga etc. But she always used to address me or my hubby or anybody like va, po , nee etc. How is that.

ganges

10. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear mindi,

thanks for your fb. I think worldwide they are the same. They want money but not work.

ganges