1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Seriously Why Don't They Understand....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by blackbeauty84, Jan 4, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Similar situation in my case. My parents are living close by and his parents are 300kms away. Many a times I talk with my mom to make her understand my DH's point of view...But at the same time I have seen my DH for standing up for me against in laws whenever i need his support.

beautifullife30 likes this.
  2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

As for FB...please don't believe everything. :rolleyes:We only see a very small angle of the whole picture. The lovely pictures of the vacations could have been shot by a close relative:lol:.

guesshoo and MNR like this.
  3. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Very true that FB posts should be taken with a pinch of salt - Completely agreed @SGBV and @yellowmango
    I wish people become mature enough to understand this and stop fussing about that in their relationships.

nakshatra1 and MNR like this.
  4. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Oh this FB post
    . My co-sister is best example as the one who carried away by posts/pictures/romantic date outs/dinners.

In 2.5 years of marriage they had more of such events than our 8 years marriage. Still she feels nothing compared to her friends.

She gets offended if someone doesnt like her FB post or picture.

even after telling Happy birthday directly, she expects the post in FB.

5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

They're still clueless! A decade and many years ago when I got married the husband used to pride himself on the fact that he didn't "change" after marriage as if it were some achievement. It took a lot of mocking and shaming, if I were honest, before he woke up.

Sheer stupidity and mulishness I'd say. Idiots.

I've spoken to many male cousins, my brother and male friends since when we were in our 20s about how a wife ought to supercede other women including sisters and mothers. They thought being nice to wife meany getting same stuff they were getting their mums or sisters. And I must proudly say that I've had several of them tell me after they got married that it had been an eye opening conversation!

6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

That you still wish to help her (even if for your bil's sake) speaks volumes about how nice you are @MNR

Amica and MNR like this.
  7. rajatsingh

rajatsingh Silver IL'ite

Please don't call it, "cheap". A man's desire to have his parents as well as wife&kids, to an outstation pleasure trip.....Call this desire of the man as stupid, insensitive or unromantic.

Please don't call it, "cheap".

8. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

For that moment thought of. Tried couple of times again , she did not budge.

Now I am not really worried, cared for.
    Now I am happy with whatever I am. Even my DH supporting me or not, I found inner peace long long ago.:banana:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Amica and guesshoo like this.
  9. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

You know where it hurts, when a man expects wife to consider his family as hers, but dont treat vice versa.

nakshatra1, sbonigala, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  10. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

IT is our "great culture" that teaches men that changing after marriage is a bad thing. I have seen many forward in FB that says you can replace a wife not a mother/father. So always be good to them no matter what. (like women were not born)

On the other hand women are taught to change after she gets married. Accept the husband's family, respect them even if they treat you like crap.

So the husband in this case remains clueless or acts clueless

nakshatra1, blackbeauty84 and Rowith like this.