1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

September Musings

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

September Musings

Recently there have been very interesting articles in the news papers, and here is my take on them.

[​IMG]

1) Papa of 7th Child at 80 - TOI dt . 14/9/07 page 5

Jaipur - Rajasthan it seems has become the state where older persons win laurels for becoming proud fathers,in the evening of their lives.First it was Nanu Ram Jogi,who became the world's oldest Dad at the age of 90,fathering his 21st child through his daughter in law,who was a widow,and now Keshar Rana, fathered his seventh, a son,after 6 daughters.

And here , look at me, I too stay in Jaipur,and went phoos after 2 daughters.I must drink Camel's milk for energy.Hmmm

2) Men Think Sex, women Bond while Kissing - TOI dt. 7/11/07 page 20

Reasearchers have found the above, while we men already knew it.Men want fun,women want commitment.Men like their kisses wetter and with more tongue contact than women,and that the women place more importance than men on the state of their kissing partner's teeth ( So Guys, go to my pretty dentist, and get yr teeth cleaned,and use Bandar Chap Tooth Powder.Always brush, never rush, dear friends )

3) A Village for Elephants Soon - Jaipur - TOI dt. 14/9/07 page 5

Elephants and their Mahouts will soon have their home of their own at " Hathi Goan " near Kunda village on the Jaipur Delhi byepass road.Work on it will soon start.It is being set up at a cost of 5 crores.

It will have a herd of 51 elephants initially ( maybe they are copying the envelope style where we give 51/- which is considered auspicious).The village will have mud pits,anicuts and drinking water ponds besides a host of fcilities for visitors.

This will have restaurants too.Looks like they have a winner on hand.A sure fire hit.But for it to attract me, they should have a bar too.

4) Fat and Cool Dancers - China - HT dt 15/9/07

There is a dancers group called the " Fat and the Cool " which performs in China.The group is made up of 7 female members,aged from 17 to 24,weighing around 105 kg, to 130 kg,and gives commercial performances.( I dont qualify for two reasons.First i am not a female,second i am only 95 kgs.Adnan Sami still qualifies though thru his sheer weight.They would make good dancers in his troupe,made for each other.)

5) IIT Alumnus donates 25 lakhs for ailing Professors -Calcutta - TOI dt 7/9/07 - page 7

Its a token of love from VijayKiyawat,the managing director of Duraline India,a US Multinational,for the ailing professors of Kharagpur IIT,where he studied and passed out.Acc to Kiyawat,this was just a little help for those who helped him shape his future and reach new heights.Hats off Vijay bhai,you are a real Karamyogi,whose actions speak louder than words.God bless u always.

7) Marathi Class X textbook makes Teachers Blush - TOI dt. 12/9/07 - page 8

Mumbai - " My wife bathes twice a day.At night she changes into clothes that are as white as a swan.That is what she is wearing right now.Whith her rosy cheeks and her white gown,I can't help but stare at her for a few moments."This story extract from " ROOP " a short story features in the new SSC Class X Marathi textbook has caused quite a stir mong the teachers

The chapter in question is about the beauty of nature- the author draws a parallel with his wife."Children hoot and cheer when the chapter is read out " says a teacher.

Another story is " Kancheri" by Bhau Mandavkar.About a snow-white cow who drives the bulls crazy.It describes how this cow spends half a night wandering about in the fields with a black bull.

( This reminds me of my college days.SIES college, my first year Science,a lady teacher comes to teach us biology it was i think, where she had to explain the human body, male and female, naming and describing the various parts,and we were waiting eagerly for her to start the chapter.Well one look at the teacher,lousy looking one, was enough to cool down anyone.She skimmed over the chapter very fast, and when a friend of mine asked some specific info on a female part, she turned red,glared this guy,and left the class telling us to complete it ourselves.A big letdown really for us.)

8) 50% lose Virginity during college - TOI dt 12/9/07 page 11

By the time they are out of college,half the youth,male and female,have lost their virginity.Yet,two thirds of both sexes beleive that a boy and a girl can have a flourishing relationship without any sex involved ( ???????????) ( Can anyone make me explain this point)

Well in my SIES college we had 5 rows of students , 3 of them girls and 2 boys.I was so happy to know that we have so many girls, say one and a half girl to a boy.WOW.But the girls sat seperate, and we seperate.Very conservative college.My friends in Zaviers and Jai Hind, used to say of the mini skirted girls sitting next to them,a hand going here and there in class,and when he asked me what i did, i could not speak.So guys and gals go to Xaviers, and not to this one.And next year i shifted to Khalsa College at Kings Circle, and that was worse. 100 boys and 5 girls in the class.And all lousy looking ones, the Behanji types.Yech.

9) Pamela Anderson - TOI - dt 14/9/07 -

She lost around 2,00,000 dollors in poker to a guy called Antonio.She couldnt pay him up.So he put an indecent proposal, and she says she readily slept with him and paid off the debt ! ! Well well.No comments really.

So You can say i came out a virgin from college,pure as that cow mentioned above.I hope you guys have slept thru this ,and saved the sleeping pills money.Good luck in the future too.Amen.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    Intersting news of september 2007
    Did those guy formed a village for those elephants?? or still the work is in progress.....:)
    Ooops didn't that stage break of thses chinese dancers or sure to have a saunami there...haha
    real funny ones.........

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,

5years onwards, the hathi goan is almost ready, they say water is not available, but the elephants still liuve there, now around a 100 of them. Soon it will get functional.

The dancers well do not know later what happened.What a tsunami if the stage broke under their heavy weight eh !

HAHA

Thanks a ton.

Regards

kamal

4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Kamalji..
    purani yaadien!!!.. sept of 2007..
    interesting!!!???
    those days you didn't end with your jokes?
    Kerman

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

those days i did not post jokes, i am doing so since a year or so.No wonder my blogs did not run eh ! HAHA

Regards

kamal

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha Kamalji. So your blogs did not run for lack of jokes. Well the news snippets were certainly as varied as they were interesting. Haathi gaon sounds a really novel idea. Would love to visit it sometime. Love elephants. Do hope I get to see a lot of baby elephants. They are soooooooooo cute.

Kamalji, I think Adnan Sami heard your comment and went ahead and lost weight. So he does not qualify either for the dance. So sad. No matter his weight, he used to look really cute when he sang and danced.

I really loved that one about the ex IITian who donated such a hefty amount for ailing professors. Now that is called giving back. If only all Indians who are really doing well were to do something like this, it would go a long way in improving the lot of our country to a great extent.

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

Hathi goan still not functional, though elephants stay there.Yes even narayan murthy gave a lot to IIT, and i must say, it requires a big heart and a genrous one at that.

Glad u enjoyed the tit bits.HAHA

Regards

kamal