September 2011 Moms to be

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by stork82, Jan 11, 2011.

1. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

Priyanka: My boy is kicking ok ok..not much but now like you I feel the movements..I now know that this little fellow has gone for a walk inside this little garden he has….:biglaugh
    How are you keeping today? Tomorrow I have a day off so will utilize at docs place for tests.

Ramya: :hiya there, after really long time..good to know you are keeping well..I was thinking about you last week..and wondering where this girl is…Thanks for sharing this link..I have bookmarked it and sent on my personal id, so I can check them at home as well….:thumbsup
    Wow, you already bought some basic essentials for baby…regarding cloth nappies, I guess we get is readymade in India not sure about Chennai..but in Gujarat for sure, as my mom said she will buy and get it for me….
    Also about your bag to carry hospital..I had sent a link some time back…I will copy for you here..you can get some ideas from that too..
    December List: What to Bring to the Hospital
    Here’s my customized list which I gathered from other site
    Labor bag:
    1. socks
    2. slippers
    3. robe/ night gown/comfy dress
    4. baby book for footprints
    5. lotion
    6. chapstick
    7. toothbrush and toothpaste
    8. camera/video camera
    9. magazine
    10. snack food for DH
    11. brush and hair ties
    12. pillows and nursing pillow

After labor bag:
    1. going home outfit
    2. socks
    3. tennis shoes
    4. pads for going home
    5. nursing bra
    6. nursing pads
    7. baby stuff (outfits, blankets, pacifiers, diaper bag, etc)
    8. overnight stuff (shampoo, conditioner, etc)
    9. a few things for DH (comfy shoes/slippers, shorts, t-shirt)
    10. underwear but ones that you don't mind getting stained
    11. Car seat

Lotusgirl: Hey good to hear that your test results were normal:bowdown..even I am waiting for my GTT to be done tomorrow so that I can hog on loads of ice cream…I never used to eat anything sweet but these days I am so fond of it…especially chocolate flavor after dinner….:drool
    Thanks for sharing that test..Will try and see..if it works for me or not….
    That was a good update on baby weight….even I think for Indian baby 3 to 3.5 is ok…

Stork: All the best for your tests lined up today:thumbsup…I will be taking these tomorrow…Will update you all after that… take care…

Sangeetha, Pinky, Divya, Uma, Radhica and all...:wave:how are you all doing...

My Update:
    Today is the last working day of the week..looking forward to this long weekend..I received approval from Insurance, hence will be going for my GTT test tomorrow....I have to be there for 3 hours. I was told to fast for 10hours before the test..then they will take one sample, then they will give me an orange drink after 1 hour and take sample again...and then again I have to wait another hour for one more sample:spin....OMG I will be dead waiting empty stomach....Cause once I get up...I feel so hungry...hope I am able to manage this...:drowning
    I will update you once, I receive the results which I am not hoping before Saturday..as tomorrow if they test..on fri clinic is closed (day off) and then Saturday is when I can expect....
    [​IMG]

2. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your words....I have completed the antibiotics course for UTI and been drinking loads of water (atleast 2 ltr per day). I have realized how much less water I used to take before I got the UTI. So girls, pls be conscious abt water consumption unlike me. I'm supposed to meet my doctor again next week. I guess she will ask me to go for the urine test again to check if UTI is gone.

Priyanka, glad you had a nice lunch with DH. As for the movements goes, my LO gives a kick when my DH touches my tummy but only once. Then LO makes him wait and DH gets impatient and starts to tickle as though LO will feel the tickle. I tell him that I feel the tickling sensation and not LO! :)

Stork, hope you are settling down fine. In the due date table, my EDD is incorrect. Mine is Sept 30th and not Sept 13th :) all the best for your tests.

Ramya, you can get the triangle shaped cloth nappies in Naidu Hall, Chennai. My MIL has bought from there.

Angel, wish you all the best for your tests. Thanks for the labor bag list. I have also started putting together my list....

Sangeetha, how are the twins doing?

3. Nithyab

Nithyab Silver IL'ite

Hi Girls - Thanks for all ur replies

Ramya,
    Gud list.
    I dont think we will take bath in Hospital, becoz from my previous experience i didnt take bath i was given only towel bath till the days i was in Hospital, dont know the case for Normal Delivery
    Abt Cloth Napkins i saw few in a baby shop in Bangalore so i think it will be available in Chennai too. give it a try in Naidu Hall or Just born.
    By the way in which Hospital u r planning to Deliver? I am Planning to in Isabels.

Angel- I will pray for ur test results. dont worry everything will be normal

4. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

hi girls

How are you doing??????????

I was very busy in office so could not log in for many days....Still have some work to finish...I just wish this week gets over soon....I am really fed up with all the work...I have my GTT scheduled next week and had to undergo aome blood tests also....I am bit worried as now a days I am craving sweets a lot...If there is nothing at home, I will end up with sugar......God help me, I dont know how this will affect my sugar levels....I guess my LO is very much fond of sweets...I read somewhere that if you are craving sweets then you are going to have a baby girl....Girls, who know abt gender of their LO, please verify....About baby movements, my LO is moving now and then...sometimes I get kicks while some other time I can swear that LO is rolling in my tummy....I found my tummy very hard sometimes...Not sure whether it is common....From past 2-3 days, I am getting breathless by end of day...Yesterday , I wasso breathless at dinner time that I could not eat well...Dh was mad at me as I didnt eat anything after coming from office(I had one big banana, so not feeling hungry)...But this breathlessness is there for sometime.... Any of you experienced the same?????

Will reply to all of you soon.....Bye n take care

5. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Ramya,

Nice to hear from u after so long. Thanks for sharing the link.
    Yes we have all started to search for names and Stork has made a very nice EDD list with proposed names in it.
    Even we saw some cribs in Mothercare and liked them.....we will also order it in the last few days. Good....so u have already started planning for your labour bag....:)
    How is your LO doin?

Lotus girl,

Nice to hear from u too after long. I quite liked your gender game thing with baking soda....will try that out soon.

Angel,

GTT test is hard.....10 hours fasting....then glucose drink....then after every hour blood samples till 3hours.....i went mad due to hunger last time i did it! :rant
    Plus my blood samples were taken every 30mins....so i ended up taking 5pricks total that day! But we have to do it....its a routine test. Take care. Take some magazines and books to kill time. Enjoy your extended weekend dear.
    U know yesterday i went for thr premier show of Transformers....at 11pm in the night. Came back at 1.30pm :hide........so today i am extremely snooozyyy in ofc. Just waiting for 5pm so that i can rush home. But the movie was great:) Had fun!

Stork,

We will all deliver healthy babies.....nice chubby and healthy! Amen:)

Sangeetha, Radhica, Chotumeetu, Pinky.........How are u doing girls?????

Priyanka

Heyy Anu,

DOnt worry......the antibiotics will clear your UTI!

So your DH tries to tickle LO......he he he.........:rotfl

Take care dear,
    Priyanka

Heyy Radhica,

I just asked about u in my last post and when i submitted i realised u have also posted!
    Hope u are taking care of your health amidst the work load...hmm?!

Regarding breathlessness.....even i feel breathless many a times in a day. Specially when i walk long or even climb stairs. Sometimes i can feel my heart beats have increased like hell.....:Dhak Dhak Dhak" inspite of the fact that i am just lying down and watching TV. I enquired with my doc and she said its normal. So dont worry about it.

Take care,
    Priyanka

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
  6. amar72

amar72 Senior IL'ite

Hey Angel.

Don,t worry you won't be hungry after the test also coz they are going to give you puuuuuuuurrrrrrre sugar drink.here in U.S they give 3 hour gtt only if you fail 1 hout test.Anyways All the best.

Amar

7. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Yep, I agree with Amar...The sugar drink will keep you pepped up..:)

Even in India the three hour test (which is what is actually called GTT like what Priyanka said) is done only if one fails the 1 hour non fasting test, which we call GCT. However as I said in one of my previous posts, some hospitals do the GTT test directly..Mine had them separately done..I failed GCT but passed GTT..Thank God! :bowdown You will pass the tests too..Don't worry..

8. amar72

amar72 Senior IL'ite

Hi Radhika,

Good to know about ur lil ones kiks.
    Yes i am also breathless if i am talking on phone or personaly.people say i am always breathless.i know reason about my breathlessness.i was overweight when i conceived so this is my reason n an pregnancy go further it increases so no worries.

Amar

o my God STROK,
    That was a verrrrrrrry quick response.i just click post ,got up for water n saw your reply.Greattttttt

Amar

Hi Nithyab,

here in US they give you shower the next day of c section.they give u means your nurse will help you in going bathroom,evryyyyyyyyyyyyyything.you will get 200%treatment according to your expectation.after 3-4 days when leaving from hospital you will feel to stay there only.they will treat you like a new born.

Amar

See you Re online too strok.

Amar

9. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Hahaha :)

yeah I am online :)

Editing the same post for the latest update from my end: Just gave my blood and urine samples..They said they'll get back to me with the result after 4 days..

10. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Hi All,Iam quite puzzled with the new forum upgrades.Dont feel like typing a reply.How are you all doing?'
    Nice info about the c section care Amar.what about vaginal delivery?

take care everyone.Sangeetha used to update everyday.she seems to be missing