September 2011 Moms to be

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by stork82, Jan 11, 2011.

1. samadhav

samadhav Senior IL'ite

Hi TTC

Good to hear back on your prompt update :) I was thinking over, that you would have gone to anomaly scan..ofcourse, I remember well..cos,you are the only one who s sailing same boat with me for now.

It s really great to hear that babies are doing fine..I know the relieved feeling after visiting a perinatal doc, cos they give you absolute details on baby s health. I am still not sure about these placenta positions. and I myself scared of vaginal birth for 2 babies.. i made up my mind in starting itself, for a c sec. but, it s all how doc decides in the final stage. I ll go with the same!
    Congrats for a boy & girl..this was my wish for me too :) but god blessed me both as girls :) and, i wish you, to have to have it confirmed in 24 weeks,and let us know too.
    So, leave all tensions..and enjoy the relief. I hope you ll have regular visits with the perinatal doc, apart from OB-GYN. and for me, from 20 weeks itself, regular OB-GYN checkup is for once in 2 weeks to make sure on the cervix thing. not sure, how about it on your side.
    as you say, placentas are higher..am not sure of mine..my tummy s not high tummy..it s like lower one only.

tk care,
    Sangeetha

2. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Hi ttc,

Nie to hear this update.I wished for a boy-girl duo when I went for my IVFs.Whenever they placed 2 embryos,I was always sure that it is going to be a boy-girl.I sincerely this to be true and gets it confirmed in another 4 weeks.Nice to know that the babies are doing good.Are you gaining weight as suggested?

take care..

3. Nithyab

Nithyab Silver IL'ite

Priyanka/Sangeetha - Thanks for liking the names.

Angel - The hospital is gud and clean i know this becoz i got delivered there for my First one and abt the Doc she is the same one whom i consulted for my first. She is Old around 60+ and her assistances will be taking care of the Deliveries. the only draw back is they all never speak much the will speak only to the point and if any questions asked they will give answer to the question nothing more than that. I think its all becoZ of Experience.

CM - How r u feeling now?

Stork - Got settled?

Girls - I have a question - If the first one is a C sec, is it possible to have a Normal delivery for the second. I searched and i got combined answers. Were u girls aware of it

4. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

TTC,

Wow....One BOY and one GIRL!:thumbsup PERFECT FAMILY........so happy for u bebe! Hmm i know about the grey area.....but whatever....your LOs are fine so thats the main thing! U know i love twins.....more so becos i have seen two couples among my friend shaving twins and trust me they are adorable. I also took Letroz for conceiving as i had PCOS so i was very hopeful that there is a good chance of twins.....but.....he he....i just had one LO. :bonk
    Its really nice to post the gender of your LOs in our club.....:thankyou2:

Sangeetha,

Thanks yaar. Will surely update.......
    U know yesterday in had a bad fight with DH. ALL MY FAULT FOR BEING SO HORMONAL!:drowning
    But suddenly i realised he is supposed to take me for sunday lunch....so i quickly asked "I hope this fight will not affect your decision of sunday lunch?":bonk And then DH was like.....hmmm......and we both laughed....End of Fight!:cheers

Nithya,

My Maasi....had C-sec in her 1st delivery but with her 2nd child she had normal delivery. So i think its possible.:)
    But i read somewhere that if u have a vertical cut during your 1st C-Sec then all your future deliveries will be C-Sec only. But if u had a bikini cut or a horizontal cut....then i think u can try for normal delivery.
    Better u check with the doctor.

Priyanka

5. samadhav

samadhav Senior IL'ite

My friend s sister had c sec for her first delivery, and second one is a vaginal delivery. So, it s possible! But, it has to come from the doc seeing the medical factors i guess..something beyond our internet knowledge.
    But, if you ask about possibility, yes, it s possible...!
    I wish you good luck!

-Sangeetha

6. samadhav

samadhav Senior IL'ite

Girls..

I am just back from OB-GYN check-up. Yes, I heard the word "normal" this time too, as I prayed & wished for!:thumbsup Thanks everyone who showed support when I was worried. I feel relieved now.

- I cleared GTT :) reports came back saying no GD.:cheers
    - BP was normal.
    - HB count is slightly lower than normal - mine s 10.6 :hide: , i asked if i have to increase the iron tablet dosage ..but doc said, as I already have constipation..it ll get too difficult for me to manage with a growing tummy, and as I am on the border, it s a not worry thing. but, i should try with natural way to increase the iron count. hmm!!

- Cervix is good, no symptoms of pre-term.

I asked about the dark line on the tummy, she said - it happens to few during pregnancy..so, looks like it s not Veet s work!:bonk

You know, I can literally see my blood vessels through the skin which shows in green color..it looks little enlarged in hands & legs...I asked the doc about it..if it s related to swelling or something.
    She said, the blood volume will increase in body going forward, and as I am skinny..I am able to see the blood vessels..and it s not swelling.

I also, asked about itching - she said..if it s not too much, nothing to worry,and keep continuing the moisturizing part.

now comes imp. qtn - about contractions, I mentioned I have been getting this tightening & release feeling now n then in a day, which s irregular & painless though..she said, my uterus has grown big..and contractions will happen like this. Only thing is, I have to report, If I get 6 times continuously in an hour which needs attention from the doc.
    so, i guess, I have nothing to do on this matter..and keep praying for good.

- and about babies..one is head down & one s head up..doc said they are good.

- for constipation, she told me to take stool softener daily if needed. that has no side effects, and also to have more fruits & water.

- weight gain is not upto the mark..I increased just 1 pound in last 2 weeks which s not enough!!!! I still have to work on that...gaining weight is imp for twins..!

So, that s all on updates and Q&A with the doc. My next check-up is on July 8th..in 2 weeks time.

Happy Weekend to all of you...Take care,
    -Sangeetha

7. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Nithya,thanks for asking.Iam doing good.Hope you are doing good.I have heard many cases of VBAC(vaginal birth after c section).But as others said,its upto the doctor.Most of the OBGYNs are concerned to take the additional risk now a days.talk to your doctor clearly.Good Luck to you:thumbsup

sangeetha,Good to know about the GTT results.Its a good thing now as you are carrying twins.I was worried about Iron.Thank God it was ok for me.I eat spinach once a week.this is the only thing I do for iron.I will let you know If I find anything on the internet.

take care everyone

8. samadhav

samadhav Senior IL'ite

I also took letroz just for 2 months, with no idea that it ll lead to twins :biglaughand now i have got twins by surprise!! :cheers So, how diff everyone s story is! But, the doc whom I have visited , she s not good at all..!
    I went to her first time, and said..I have ir-regular periods, I want to correct it & trying to conceive. That s all...direct prescription to letroz & metformin. no prior tests or ultrasound - nothing!!
    Later I am coming to know, everyone who s visiting her with the words "trying to conceive", is given letroz along with other tablets as needed.
    She s very famous & exp. doc...that s why i visited her when i went to india.. but story s diff..and it s not everyone knows about tablets they are given, unless we get exposure like this.

Good thing is i got conceived soon,but that s not the way I should have been treated is my concern. God help others going there..!

And, about your fight with DH...thank god you remembered the lunch & stopped it :) :) it s funny, that lunch has to end your fight atlast..
    Same thing here..i too get irritated soon..and DH also..try to cope up..sometimes, he also lose patience..and we end up fighting..and with pregnancy thing, i guess..these days..I just open my water pipe in eyes..!
    DH gets more tension if i cry in this time..even he tries a lot to console me, cool me..my tears wont stop..he asks, why wont you stop crying..i am really like.."i just, nt able to control"..even if i want to stop it.
    all mixed up emotions!!!

But, you Girl..dont miss to enjoy your lunch..and have a romantic day :) :cheers

-Sangeetha

9. samadhav

samadhav Senior IL'ite

Chotu - I dont know what s the normal count for HB.is it 11?
    i also have spinach once in a week, am so bored of it. but, i ve to find a way to eat more of it..to reach the normal level. may be, when my mom comes, i ll ask her to prep a little diff..and ll try to have it. I am bored of my prep. on my own.
    sure,let me know any other source of food intake to increase iron count.
    thnx & Tk care

-Sangeetha

10. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Sangeetha,Mine was somewhere around 12.Anything above 11/12 is good.I hate dates.so I dont eat them.I was surprised because I thought I will have iron deficiency.

I have about 200 gms in a week.We boil spinach and moong dal together in the pressure cooker.Mash it,add the ground paste of coconut,red chilly,salt,jeera and add to it and give it to one boil.This seems to be good for me.try this version.