1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

September 15th 2010

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SupriyaDinesh, Sep 15, 2010.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

"Health is wealth" - this simple proverb is known to almost every one.but how many of them are taking it seriously.Every day when i hear about deaths due to heart attack, my heart aches."Prevention is better than cure" this proverb is also in need today.
    People run behind money,higher-posts, always trying to meet deadlines.All these is not going to save one's life.If people say i can treat any disease with money.but it is untrue.No money can bring back life.
    Every year fix a date to go for complete health check up.Let it be your anniversary/birthday.Follow strict diet, take medications regularly and take time to relax.All these have been told numerous times.Dont wait for the symptoms to get treatment.
    I have become preachy about this whole stuff after my mom's death.She had cardiac arrest.she is very energetic,cannot be still for a minute.She has been like this all through her life.i have requested her to take rest and take things slowly.But she never listened.We have paid heavy price for that.
    She used to say "I am always young at heart".But her heart thought other ways and stopped functioning one fine day.Take care for your little,sweet heart.You are needed by many loved ones.
    So first evaluate your health and other things come secondary.
    Bye..

2. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

very true. i am sure people would have got some idea about heart attack after actor murali's death. i heard from many people that they are going to join in gym or yoga classes especially after his life. I think you paid heavily for ur mom's health which should not happen to anybody. Mother is always very special - vaishnavi

3. SupriyaDinesh

Vaishnavi,
    Thanks for chiming in.Its is every one's duty to educate about taking care of health to others .

4. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear supriya,
    Yoy are absolutely right.No amount of money can bring back precious life.People plan their holiays,plan parties at home,plan their financial arrangements,plan money matters even for their grand children.But very few plan their annual medical check ups,which is a must.It should not become too late.
    Very nice,very useful write up.
    love
    mithila

5. SupriyaDinesh

Mithila ma'amThanks for your comments.Your words are very tru.