Separated father creating problems in child's education--need advice.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nandhinikn, Mar 5, 2013.

1. nandhinikn

nandhinikn New IL'ite

Hi ILs,

My sister is married to a v.highly educated person but that education is only in paper. since the last 9 years, he has been continuously in and out of jobs, changed countries (continents) and has been known to be v.short tempered at work too.

She has a daughter who is in primary school. BIL left his job and is jobless since 2010. they have been staying with my parents since 2010 and my parents have been supporting them. In the meantime my sis got pregnant again and around the same time BIL got a job. He went abroad and as usual left his job within a month and came back. Now since coming back he is living in a lodge, and is still unemployed. Meanwhile my sister had a baby boy, whom my BIL has never come to visit yet, he says he hates the kid.

Now to the problem part. My sister now has a good job in my city, has taken a house on rent and has got admission for her daughter in a good school. when it is time for applying TC from old school, BIL has given letter through a lawyer to the old school asking them not to issue TC without his permission (my parents have been paying the fees for my niece for past 2 years). The principal has refused to give TC now. Since sister is working in a different city, it is impossible for her to continue the same school, else she would have to leave the job and move back (which is what he wants, i think).

How to go about in this situation...should we start to get legal help?? is there any way to admit a child to primary school without TC? it is a CBSE school.

Thanks in advance.

2. hema_alex

hema_alex Senior IL'ite

Your sister's situation is extremely unfortunate. A temporary solution would be to admit the child in a smaller school (where they would understand if we explain the situation) and a year later quit from that school, get the tc, and join the case school. I understand it would be difficult for the child, but it would benefit the child in the long run. Meanwhile legal recourse can be taken against your bil.

1 person likes this.
  3. SaRe1

SaRe1 Gold IL'ite

Legally speaking
    The father is the natural guardian. But who has the school accepted as guardian on paper in his absence when they admitted the child(whose signature).

You can give an undertaking in writing to the school that for any future issues pertaining to your child's TC you will take responsibility.

Even after that if you don't get any solace, you might need legal help.

4. poojasaruthri

poojasaruthri Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    I think that i can help you out. But first you tell me what Std is you child undergoing. you can otherwise contact the school head and tell your problems and details about the tc. There are people with kindness. if you tell me clearly i think that i can help you. Kindly send me pm for details