1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sense of humour : How important it is to a healthy relationship?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sushma, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Good One Padma!!!!!!
    Sense of humour is very important in a relationship as long as we maintain a limit so that we do not hurt the other person.

2. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

dear IL members,

Humour has no language, and contradiction. One can laugh in a sari or in a pair of tight fitting trousers. One can laugh if married to same caste, religion or not. Loving and living together has a great deal to do with laughing together. Every one should cultivate a sense of humour in life. It should be the most important homework one has to do before getting married into a family or caste which differs drastically. Every one has to discover a oneness, a sense of belonging to each other with sense of humour.
    :cry: :-D :2thumbsup:

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

nice topic. it is very very important in helping a relationship to go smoothly along. i can vouch for it bec my husband has a veyr good sense of humour which has really helped me thru and us through as well.

4. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Sense of Humour is very much needed in every single person's life. Especially between the spouses, it increases closeness & friendliness. I totally enjoy humour and always wanted more & more humour in my life. :mrgreen: It's always fun to have humorus partner.

I feel, it should be a two way traffic (both husband & wife should share the enjoyment) if not at least should have the ability to admire the other's.
    :yes:

5. SunitaGN

SunitaGN New IL'ite

Oh yes, hense of sumour is 'the' most important feature of a great marriage. It is not over-rated - in fact it's necessity in life, especially in marriage, cannot be stressed enough.

It is through that very quality that a man and woman are attracted to each other and remain so; which is the essence of marriage.

It helps solve minor problems, it ends fights, eases family tensions... a good sense of humour is the ability to take things in stride and to see it in a larger light, than personally; the ability to judge the importance of the moment in the larger picture of 'rest of the life' (for example, would it make much difference if your husband has not noticed your carefully bought new earrings on the night of your anniversary - by your NEXT anniversary?? I don't think so... by then there wud have been so many such events :wink: )... so take it easy, shake it off.... look at the bigger picture, have fun!!!

Enjoy :)

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi All

Sense of humour is a great virtue.... If you ar gifted with it great. But I dont think that it is more required for a happy married life. It will ease out the tension and the gravity.

After going through my telephone bills and not able to explain the numerous ISD calls to my better half, if I show my sense of humour at that time....:bangcomp: .

So, though it is required it is not all.....:2thumbsup:

Veda

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Well, for me its the most important dosage in life. I personally cannot live with a person who has no sense of humour. Its suffocating for me.....