1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sense of humour : How important it is to a healthy relationship?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sushma, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Sushma

Sushma New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I was wondering as to how important is sense of humour to a healthy relationship. Are serious people less happy in their lives? As you see around what do you observe with respect to this?

I read in a physcology book that the #1 thing that men and women look when searching for an ideal partner is sense of humour. Is sense of humour overrated as a quality? Or is it that sense of humour enables people to easen up in life that truly leads to happiness?

-Sushma

2. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear Sushma
    Sense of humor is very important in life. A smile or laugh will definitely ease out things. I always find serious prople suffering with mental agony or health problems. A laugh or smile will relax our mind and body and definitely leads to happiness
    Regards
    Uma:yes:

1 person likes this.
  3. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi
    i agree with Uma

bye

2 people like this.
  4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I agree with Uma and I would like to add more to this.
    Healthy sense of humor is very important in life. It should not be pulling each others leg/making fun of each other/ teasing other people etc.

thanks,
    Punitha

1 person likes this.
  5. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

You should have some sense of humor. Life is short should not take it seriously.

6. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

I agree with everyone, making people laugh or smile is GOD's gift

1 person likes this.
  7. Ranju

Ranju New IL'ite

Hi,

I was telling my husband yesterday about his sense of humour.I was asking him to be serious a little.since each and every talks we have he take it in a very humourous way and i am very very confused sometimes when some serious talks comes.For each and every word we talk he has something to say about that and i wonder how he gets such ready made jokes .SO IS SENSE OF HUMOUR REALLY NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!

8. shine82

shine82 New IL'ite

Hi everyone

I think sense of humour if very important. If both the spouses have the ability to laugh on the same thing. way to go ! cos both should understand each other's humour and have the similarity in the sense of humour. in many cases what happens is that the guy tells a joke and the girl is not able to understand, the guy mite take offense in this mite affect the relationship...

so being on the same wavelength is really important.

9. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Good sense of humour and with a presence of mind as well is very important. Many times it so happens that a person tends to go overboard with his/her sense of humour but if you have a good sense of timing too then you know when what is the ideal thing to speak to lighten the charged atmosphere.

Cracking jokes out of place can cause tension instead of making the atmosphere light.

Balance leads to a healthy relationship.

Roopa.

10. padmaiyangar

padmaiyangar Bronze IL'ite

hi, IL
    here is a bit sense of humour

George Bernard Shaw sent Sir Winston Churchill two tickets to his new play. "Bring a friend if you have one," Shaw wrote.
    Churchill replied, "I can’t attend that night, but perhaps some other night, if there are any others after the opening performance."

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a Dinner Party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your
    coffee!"
    Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

with sense of humour between the spouses will lead to happy life