1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sembaruthi flower( Hibiscus) : Need info about using for Hair.

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by kavithai, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Dear Shika,
    For 500 ml of coconut oil you can add 3 flowers of hibiscus, 2 teaspoons of methi, 30 -35 curry leaves (curry leaves are very small, right) and about 15 leaves of neem. I have given the preparation at the beginning of this thread. Once it cools pour in a glass bottle and keep aside for a couple of weeks. Then you can start using it either after filtering, or just continue to use the oil without filtering. All the flowers and leaves would have settled at the bottom, so you won't have problem in taking out clear oil. You can do the filtering even after a month. The flowers and leaves will remain soaked and this enhances the oil further.

You could apply this oil on your hair for 1 or two hours and then shampoo your hair. But in winter months, don't soak in it for too long as the ingredients in the oil are cooling and make give you a cold.

Or you could apply very small amounts of the oil for regular use This is not non-sticky, right. So your hair may look slightly oily. But if you have dry hair there should be no problem.

Regards,
    Nandhita

2. shikha

shikha Gold IL'ite

dear nandita,
    thanks a lot for replying and telling me about the oil. hope it works for me as i,m having a lot of hairfall.

thanking u again:cheers

shikha

3. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Hi Shika,

Hair oil is only one of the factors that will help. Healthy food too is important. Eat 'Good hair Foods'. Include a good amount of leafy vegetables, fresh vegetables (salads), fruits, curd, dates in your food. Additionally, shred ginger into small pieces. Keep it in a bottle, pour honey till ginger pieces just get covered. Let this soak for a couple of weeks. Eat 1/2 tsp of this daily in the morning in empty stomach and don't have anything for 20-30 minutes. This treatment is very good for hairfall, premature greying of hair and also anaemia.

And don't worry or get tense.

Regards,

Nandhitha

4. kavithai

kavithai New IL'ite

Hi nandita,
    I'm taking ginger with honey everyday. After i prepare i'll start to eat. Maybe the last spoon will be 2 weeks old. Is it must we have to eat 2 weeks soaked ginger and honey? pls. let me know. And tell how it works on premature grey hair. We have to use ginger with skin or without skin. waiting for ur reply. Thanks.
    kavi.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  5. shikha

shikha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear nandita,
    For this information too. I felt so touched that you took care to write to me, though we don't know each other.This shows that u are a very caring person.

thanks again.
    do keep in touch via Indusladies forum.
    bye and take care.
    shikha:hatsoff

p.s- will definately pay heed to ur advice.

6. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Dear Kavi/Shika,

The benefits will be good only if you let soak the ginger in honey. It does take some time for the ginger to absorb the honey, right. Normally the ball park is 2 weeks. It can be slightly less or even if it soaks for over a month it is fine. So for eating two weeks later, start soaking now. Well, this is a proven grandma's medicine for premature grey hair (to stop any further greying) and healthy hair .

You must be soaking in a bottle right. Don't forget to open the bottle once a day, for the gases to escape. If you forget this for a week and then open the bottle, there will be a jut of vapours/gases coming out.

You can peel the skin before soaking because, the honey will be absorbed better.

Another tip is, you can use this honey in your tea instead of sugar. This honey has the taste of ginger and so you will get tasty honey-ginger tea.

Regards,
    Nandhita

7. kavithai

kavithai New IL'ite

Hi Nandhita,
    Thank you so much Nandhita. I'll start to soak from today. Your helpful tips are appreciated. You are very kind. bye.
    Kavi.

8. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Hi Kavi,

It's my pleasure to share the little info that I know, dear. Anytime, if I need any info from you, I'll ask you too, right.

Regards,
    Nandhita

9. kavithai

kavithai New IL'ite

Hi Nandhita,
    Sure, sure you are always welcome. Feel happy to get friend like u. Takecare.bye.
    Kavi.

10. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Re: Meera herbal powder for Hair.

Can someone tell me where I can find Meera herbal powder for hair ? I have been using that instead of shampoo and quite like it.

Usha