1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sembaruthi flower( Hibiscus) : Need info about using for Hair.

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by kavithai, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Hi Jaanu,

This information about Hibiscus flowers is new and useful. Thanks a lot. I knew of only two uses of Hibiscus flowers
    1. Use it for homemade hair oil
    2. Just eat the petals - It has a sweetish taste and is good for the heart. But then again, it is cooling, and best avoided in winter months.

Regards,
    Nandhita

2. kavita123

kavita123 New IL'ite

tsk Hi All,

Can any one help me out in this I am facing problem with my hair, I have tried a lot of oil for hair growth, but of no use.

Can any one say which oil to use, by which my hair will grow long and strong.

Regards
    Kavita:hatsoff

3. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kavita,

You can use this hibiscus flowers andleaves. If you get cold, do not leave it on the hair. Apply it on to your hair, and then go and get ready for the bath. That time is enough. Another thing is, do not use hot water for hair wash at all.

Hot water is not good for the hair. The hair will get split ends and dryness. Just slightly warm to offset the chillness, would do. If you hair gets drier, apply a little oil to the ends of your hair and comb it very well.

I have posted to my blog today, about Hair Care. Just go through that and tell me what else you would like to know.

4. kavita123

kavita123 New IL'ite

Dear Latha,

Thanks very much for your Suggestion.

Latha can u tell me what to do with these hibiscus flowers andleaves, should i make a paste of the same and apply it on my hair.

Latha I have a dry hair and I wash my hair weekly once or twice with Shampoo
    (Clinic Plus). can you suggest any other Shampoo or will this work.

Latha are you a south Indian? I think so yes since you stay at Chennai.

Since I am also a south Indian my name is Kavita Nadar.

Take care
    :hatsoff
    Thanks & Best Regards
    Kavita

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kavita,

Yes I am a south Indian infact a keralite, but born and brought up in Chennai, a typical Madarasi as they say.

You can crush chempauthi leaves and flowers with your hand itself. You need not grind it to a paste. Use a little water for that. You'll get a sticky and mushy paste which you can apply on to your hair and scalp and clean your hair with that. It is like shampoo. You can scrub and clean your hair also.

If you want to grind to a paste and apply you can do so. It'll be easier to remove but you will not need a shampoo for that.

Shall I tell you one thing? Stop using Clinic Plus shampoo. Half of your problems will go off.

All the best

6. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Hi Kavitha,

Like Latha said, Clinic Plus dries the hair even further. I tried it once and my hair looked dryer than usual after shampooing. Try to use shikkakai or a mix of shikkakai, kadalai mavu and payatham mavu if you have the time. Or else try a mild shampoo like pantene. And possibly dilute the shampoo in some water before applying.

In this same thread, I have given the recipe for hommemade hair oil. This really helps in hair growth.

Also if you have someone living in Tamilnadu, Edible quality Amla powder is available in select khadi gramodbhavan shops. You can mix half a spoon with water and consume first thing in the morning. This really makes hair healthy in all ways. But again don't do this in winter, because amla is very cooling.

Regards,
    Nandhita

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kavitha,

Do not use medicated shampoos at all. If you do not want to use shikakai or besan etc use very mild herbal shampoos like Nyle, Biotique or Himalayas etc. If your hair is very dry mix a little water to the shampoo i.e. dilute the shampoo and use. It'll always help to oil the scalp and the hair first and then shampoo.
    All the best

8. shikha

shikha Gold IL'ite

Hi nandhitha,

can u please tell me accurately,how many flowers and leaves we have to put???

thanks for the same

shikha

9. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Dear Shika,

Can you clarify if you are speaking about the homemade hair oil (which is my recipe) or are you asking about Jaanu's post where she says about making a paste of hibiscus flowers and leaves and applying on hair. In that case, you need to ask her.

Regards,
    Nandhita

10. shikha

shikha Gold IL'ite

Dear Nandita,
    I have asked you ,that how many leaves and flowers should I put in coconut oil?

thanks for the an early response.

shikha