1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Selling Indian Clothes

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by EagerForInfo, May 15, 2021.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello,

I notice nowadays lots of people are selling indian clothes either on whatsapp groups or at home.. Just wondering do we need a license for this and how do they get clothes shipped to US? Just to buy one outfit from India shipping charges are ridiculously expensive!

But anyways seems like a nice side business. I was just wondering do we need a license for it? And what requirements we need to have?

I would like to start an ecommerce website where we get only the items that people place an order for are shipped to US to avoid wastage and clutter in the house but still let me get started first.. How do you buy these clothes in the first place and get them shipped from India and also what about licenses? Do we need one?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You should consider setting up an LLC if you plan to pursue something like this, so you protect yourself and your personal assets.

3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Good my husband has already set up an LLC to start a business too.. so I guess I can use his LLC in the meantime? Anything else I need to know? How to get these clothes from India once someone places an order? That is the biggest question I have.