Selling handmade jewellery

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by lovely_ambika, Jan 27, 2010.

1. lovely_ambika

lovely_ambika Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am into Artifical jewellery making and started selling them from home. As i work in MNC trying to sell through known friends from office also.
    Even some weekends i am placing a stall in SBI Koti main brach for selling them. Now i am planning to expand the business. Please guide me with tips how i can expand my business.

Planning to go for a website but how to do marketing of my jewellery and website.
    Planning to put stalls in big apartments through known persons, will that work.
    Is any one in IL from Hyderabad, AP, who is interested in allowing me to organize a stall in their apartments or offices or ladies club or exhibition society etc.

Thanks in advance.

Ambika

2. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Hi Ambika,
    I would suggest you to open a website for yourself, and post your handmade jewellery pictures in taht, see the response, try in ebay , iam not sure how it is done, but one of my friend was telling me....

Why dont you approach retail stores and convince them and supply them on monthly basis, it will definitely fetch you good customers. Just invite all your frds in a commom place or to ur house, display your products, they wil definitely call you to their offices or apratments.

Hope this helps.

3. lovely_ambika

lovely_ambika Silver IL'ite

Thanks manasa for your suggestions.

4. lathasaravanan

lathasaravanan New IL'ite

hi
    i do have the same problem. to say clearly more that you. the things is i am making the artificial jewelry for 2 years without much of the marketing. with 2 kids i don't go much out. through friends circle only i am selling it. but the items are moving very slow. and regarding the fancy stores they are not ready to buy for us as they can get cheaper than us. i have even tried this as i thought it to be an easy job. i am also looking for some way to do sell the things. to be frank i can't put stall but i think through website seems to be good idea. but i do afraid that here people are not that much into online shopping. any one out there who have any idea. pls do share with me. is there anyway like sales girls who will get the finished product and sell them and they get a share out of it. what problems one will face with this idea. any body with this experience. for the past few days this idea is itching me so much. but i am afraid to take the risk.
    thankyou
    latha

5. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Hello Latha saravanan,

There is one maghazine called ---Ladies special by Girija Raghavan.She encourages women enterprinurs ,small or big ,bulk art workers etc
    got a women club for this purpose.Office is in ASHPKE NAGAR CHENNAI.I hope every monaday u have programme in podhighai around 9 or 9.30 am
    I hope they have web site too

Try that ,even in Kumudam sneghithi u can advertise.
    Best of luck
    Poorni

6. radhikashashi

radhikashashi New IL'ite

HI, Iam also from Hyderabad only. I want to learn handmade jewellery. where do u stay in Hyd. I use to stay in Manikonda. Please tell me if you can conduct some trainings on handmade jewellery

7. sowmya4

sowmya4 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ambika,

I'm from Bangalore, I organise exhibitions in and around bangalore.
    If you are willing to come down to b'lore, i've got a exhibition coming up in March, you could put up a stall.
    Could you mail me your jewellery pics. send me a pvt msg

Sowmya

8. RadhaKetan

RadhaKetan Junior IL'ite

Hi Sowmya,
    I too am from Bangalore and have been making hand made jewellery for the last 3 years as a hobby. Sold many pieces to friends and gifted to my husband's colleagues. Have lots of ideas in mind but being a homemaker, not able to pursue in a larger scale. Like Latha Saravanan, I too am very reserved and tried selling to Fancy stores but their response is not encouraging.I am itching inside with passion and a desire to earn atleast to pursue my hobby. Participating in an exhibition in Bangalore would be a great idea and a new avenue for me. Kindly guide me in this regard. Shall post the pics of some of my creations shortly.

9. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies...

In some MNCs they allow women to put up stalls. Or you can try to contact any colleges if you can put up stalls when they are organizing college fests.

You can also attend some handicraft melas and enquire how did they get a chance to put up a stall. You can meet the crafts mela event manger (or someone who approves the participants) and show him/her your crafts work. Take the contact details of the person and give your mail id to let you abt the next such event.

Also you can try to contact stores which sell handicrafts like jute cottage, Desi (sell terracota jewellery,khadi ,cotton sarees etc) and also dwaraka (which sell bengal cotton sarees)

Gud Luck ladies....

10. sowmya4

sowmya4 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Radha,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've got a exhibition coming up. Send me PM & we'll take it fwd from there.

Regards,
    Sowmya