1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Selfish Friends

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Sapna56, Jul 1, 2017.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Were you guys paying for the house or was the expense being shared among you all?

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Depends on whether the cost is being split equally or not. If equally, then, usually whoever reaches first, takes the best room available. When we were young enough to do such "with friends" outings, whoever did all the arrangements, bought the maps from AAA, etc., got the best room.

When three families eat out, the cost is usually split equally. No one keeps tab of which family had zero kid, 1 kid, 2 kids or which family ordered more.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That would have been the nice thing for the no-kids family to do, but if they paid equally, why should they necessarily take the smaller room.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

When you stay overnight as a group with people you realize not everyone is a team player. Is this the first time that you are on vacation with these friends? The goal of a vacation is to have fun and relax , so if their behavior makes you resent them it beats the purpose. Try to avoid situations where you are not in control about your choice of rooms etc. It's also ok to respond right away if you feel you are getting the short end of the stick all the time .

nb25 likes this.
  5. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

That's what I think right. Of course, every one approaches things differently.

6. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Cant agree more! I would be very upset if I am not given a choice just because I do not have kids and someone else has! Unless the families with kids is paying more than I did for the trip.

naturalkind likes this.