1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Self Love - What Do You Do For Yourself?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sbonigala, May 21, 2019.

1. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Thats therapy, isn't it !

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Most practical methods you are following leading to overhaul happiness .
    2. Vicarious living through is most delectable way of relaxation and outbeat the feeling of left out or and isolated and might energise subconscious regions to come out with nice practical or pragmatic solutions to seemingly formidable issues.
    3. At times serendipity might complement your positively.
    God bless.

3. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

True that !! :banana:

sbonigala likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:This is further elaboration or paraphrasing your original post and one upon reading would be for sure get delighted.

2. Commute time is all for oneself. Watching azure sky as you commute sitting by window in railroad or starry sky in the night from your lawns or terrace or listening to baby or Baba dancing and singing too would fill the gap.

3. If one is happy, the whole family turns happy. It is contagious.
    “TAKE CARE” is well explained & understood.

4. Your footnote “ knowing is not enough: One must try: Willing is not enough: One must do” is truly axiomatic.”

5. You truly deserved and earned the award for best narration for MAY 2019.
    Once again Congratulations. Please celebrate.

God is having sneak a peek into our solitude.

Sinant and sbonigala like this.
  5. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much Sir.

6. strei

strei New IL'ite

Too lazy for a self-pampering session but yes at the end of the day in the night watch some songs or serials or read something of interest.

7. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

So Madhuniha, what is it that u love doing the most. And forget about what your hubby said. He has not been in ur shoes to know what you sacrificed and thats fine. But what is it that u feel drawn too? Like for instance in my case and my age (46 :sunglasses:) I always had this passion to join bharatnatyan classes so joined one and atleast once perform at Kumbakonam dance festival. Trust me I have no clue and I may have no one to cheer me up as well. But am still gonna do it. So tell me what is that you desire !

madhuniha likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

There are only two ways the life can be made interesting. Love yourself and do something new that would make you love yourself more naturally or love everything you do now with devotion and commitment. Let us do a list of things each one of us love to do.

My ambition is to a) teach as many people as I could the art of doing business, b) bungee jumping, c) go around Kailash, d) jump from the plane (@jskls is responsible for this desire), e) remain with no communication with the world enjoying nature in some place in the world, f) become a sanyasi with no desires and attachments. Please note that the last desire is listed only after the first 5 as they all remain desires. I am 65 years old and if I finish this list, I will be happy as long as I live, I think unless I found something new to relish during my attempt to do the first 5. Let us all keep listing what we like the most and keep trying to do something new like what @Sandyr46 is asking us to do.

jskls, Sinant and sbonigala like this.
  9. Sandyr46

Sandyr46 Gold IL'ite

So thats your bucklist...pretty exciting must say. One from ur bucket list enjoying nature bliss with no communication I did that in Auroville, Pondicherry - Aurobindo Ashram. You may want to give that a try :blush:

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

You reminded me of my pleasant experience in Aurobindo Ashram when I was young. I lived in Neyveli and studied in Chidambaram my undergrad. When I studied in Chidambaram, I went to a place called Pichavaram when I was 17 years old. What a lovely experience that was. I need to go back to what I enjoyed earlier in my life.