1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Selection

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Viswamitra, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

What is more important for a young woman for selecting an eligible bachelor? For better disclosure, I am 64 years old and I am just trying to find out the thought processes of young women. What is the order of priority? I don't have a daughter and if I have one, how she would think about her marriage is what I am trying to evaluate.

Selection criteria in the order of preference:

1) Academic background
    2) Employment
    3) Green card or citizenship of the US, if she is planning to settle down in the US.
    4) Body-building
    5) Physical appearance
    6) Someone who is receptive to the pursuit of her career
    7) Nice interaction with in-laws
    8) Someone who is receptive to the pursuit of an art, music, etc.
    9) Someone who has an impeccable character
    10) Clean habits
    11) Someone who is willing to make a long term commitment to be together
    12) Someone who will be a great dad to her children
    13) Someone who will really love, care and share.

Note: Please feel free to add anything more to this list or please mention if something needs to be deleted. This question is not restricted only to the Indian young women.

Who need to respond:

1) Young women who is still to be married but has an idea of who she needs to marry
    2) Women who have recently married a man she loved
    3) Anyone who married someone she loved in the last 10-15 years
    4) Women who married in the last few years but broke up with her husband
    5) Women who are reluctant to marry due to the fear of unknown

Please be as practical as possible. Any opinion is welcome. No need to say what others would like to hear. Please consider this as collection of data points. There is no maleficence in asking these questions. If anyone is uncomfortable answering in the public domain, please feel free not to respond or send me a private message with your opinion.

Viswa

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Itsmylife143 and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Viswamitra

Forget the list above and it may not be in the order of preference. Please share one or two things that made/will make you marry someone.

Viswa

3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

you never asked from men, sorry to interrupt viswa

seems you are in the hunt for a dil :)

ashima10, Anisu, Viswamitra and 3 others like this.
  4. peace3

peace3 Senior IL'ite

Good education and employment, honest, trustworthy, loving, calm temperament ( not angry or aggressive), talks and shares all view-points with wife, average looks.

Viswamitra and sindmani like this.
  5. Greenbay

Greenbay Gold IL'ite

In my view, let the man who is the (prospective) groom seek the questions and answers himself. I am married for last 11 years(12 years by year end) to the girl of my choice and I was told by my wife that girls of this generation don’t like when elders engage in match making.

Why did I marry her? She was least interested in materialistic persuits . In 11 years of our marriage, wealth and financial differences have not dominated much in our day-to-day life/discussions.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  6. Viswamitra

My Dear friend GG alias Couch Potato,
    All young men who can give a sworn affidavit that they have understood their spouse totally, they are eligible to comment here. :banana:

Are you serious GG? Will I have a say on the matter? I am telling everyone who is inquiring whether they would be invited for my son's wedding, I am replying that I will invite them, if I come to know about his wedding. :rolleye:

Viswa

7. Viswamitra

@peace3,

Thank you for your honest response. Every such response is invaluable.

Viswa

8. Viswamitra

Thank you. Let me assure you that I am not looking to suggest anything to any young man. I already know that was not going to work. I need honest opinion from the young women to know more about their thoughts.

There is a young woman I met who told me that her only criteria was whether her hubby would understand her words correctly. It looks like there are more young men who don't understand instructions.

Viswa

Joyoflife and sindmani like this.
  9. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Hello Viswa Sir
    I have been married for more than a decade now not sure if my view counts here but I am always giving advise to young girls or women who are on the groom hunt. The future partner should be a mix of all the above points you have mentioned. It would really pay if girls read these two books Men are from Mars and women are from venus and Why men do not listen women can't read maps. These books would save a lot of trouble. but usually young girls are so head over heals in fantasy World that they are mostly looking for to be rescued by a prince charming like Cinderella. But yes He should also be someone who is worthy of respect and dignified but not a male chauvinist.

messedup, silentlistener and sindmani like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Hi Joyoflife,

Thank you for your invaluable feedback. Your view definitely counts and I always value your opinion. I am glad you are guiding so many young women in their groom hunt and I am sure with your guidance, they would find their right life partner. The last sentence of yours is very powerful. A man who is worthy of respect but humble enough to treat the spouse respectfully. Very well said.

In the dream world, one can visualize anything but in real world, one has to make compromises to make the marriage work. Not every man has all the qualities one could fantasize. If Cinderella's are not available, the young women can transform the better half into one with right efforts and raise one for the future generation.

Viswa

Itsmylife143 and sindmani like this.