Selection of school in Abu dhabi for admission and timing , Std-7 (2013-14 session)

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by dip7905820, Oct 16, 2012.

1. dip7905820

dip7905820 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am just arrived new here in Abudhabi. I would like to know the CBSE/IGCSE school for my son's admission from new year 2013-14 in Std-7. I read all the threads about admission. Got some useful info but i am confused about the admission procedure.

Can anybody tell by experience that which school will be good in terms of easyness of admission procedure/surity and fees. As i am already here in abu dhabi, I can start procedure from now onwards. Which school is not required interview compulsory (as my son is studying in India currently in Std-6).

pls help me about the important dates for admission start for all indian schools.

Thanks.

Dipak Patel

2. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

Re: Selection of school in Abu dhabi for admission and timing , Std-7 (2013-14 sessio

hi,
    Most of the Cbse schools in AD give out their online registrations during the month of nov-feb. and written entrance exams during jan or feb. depending upon the time of admission followed by face to face interview with kids and parents. and admission will be conformed with the submission of all the required documents like attached birthcertificate,visa and passport copy of child and parents,emirates id,vaccination card,and term fee. Tc and maksheets should be attested and notary in both the embassy and can be subbmitted after the academic yr starts. cbse schools have their academic yr starting frm april-march and summer holidays will be at the mid of the academic yr june-sept.and the fee structure varies from school to school . majority of cbse school function between the fee range of 5to 15k. best part is atleast kids learn an optinal indian language ie. hindi,malyalam,urdu and can even opt for french after 8thgrade.arabic is compulsary in all levels and classes.
    most of the indian schools have been already shifted to mussafah area and by the end of this academic yr u will find all the indian schools out of the city.

Igcse, olevel or a level schools follows british curriculam. and registration mainly starts from march as their academic yr starts frm september-june. the fee structure is quite high 25-45k depending upon schools and facility.no indian optional language. arabic is compulsary there too.and the procedure is same all over in AD.

3. dip7905820

dip7905820 New IL'ite

Re: Selection of school in Abu dhabi for admission and timing , Std-7 (2013-14 sessio

Hi Navis,
    Thanks for your reply.

Is all school is asking compulsory presence of children (because by that time, i.e. Jan-Feb school is going ON in india) and without admission guarantee how somebody can bring the wife and kids here for ONLY ADMISSION INTERVIEW?

I am having my son's original birth certificate(in Gujarati language) with me. Should I have to do attestation? Is it require arabic translation?

When my son will come here he will be having his School leaving certi with him. Is is compulsory to do notory or attestation from UAE?

Awaiting your reply as per your convenience.

Thanking you.

Dipak

4. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi,

for visa application itself u will require translation of ur kids birthcertificate in Arabic and attestation of the same in indian embassy in uae. so attestation and translation comes handy when registering fo admission in any school.

most of the schools give out first hand admission only on the basis of kids presence here for interviews and entrance.but if luck and availability of seats persist schools even offer admission in the month of April and september.(but that depends only on availability and strong recommendation). most of the people looking out admission in uae tend to go for visit or residence visa for family and kids in the month of jan or feb to attent for the procedure.(Kindly chk the visa issuing site , hope these visa are valid for 6 months too and fro,)

kids marksheet and TC(transfer certificate or Noc) has to be signed and attested by educational council followed by notary and attestation in india and then after coming to uae it has to once again attested by indian embassy in uae.( this procedure became compulary for all kids frm grade 1-12).

5. dip7905820

dip7905820 New IL'ite

THANKS for useful information.

6. RashedMohamed

RashedMohamed New IL'ite

Hi,
    Al Sabari Indian School (SIS) in Dubai has announced the launch of its admissions process and said classes are set to commence in April, Gulf News has reported. The new school, which follows the CBSE-i curriculum, will initially enrol pupils from the kindergarten level to Grade 5, with plans to offer classes for higher grades in the near future. The SIS campus is located on a 100,000 sq m site in Al Wuheida area in Dubai and is looking to attract students from both Sharjah and Dubai. The school will have a capacity for 850 students, accommodating 25 students in each class.

Also visit;
    www[dot]sissharjah[dot]com/sis/public/admission[dot]aspx
    www[dot]stjosephsschool[dot]ae/registration[dot]html

For more professional academic assistance, please visit www[dot]essays[dot]ae

Thanks

7. nishi11

nishi11 Junior IL'ite

Hope sm gud schools cm up in Abu dhabi as well.