1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Selecting Mattresses: Need Help and suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by alivelu, Nov 5, 2007.

1. alivelu

alivelu Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

can anybody suggest how to select a good mattress ? now a days so many varieties like spine care, orthocare, spring mattress are available in the market. I am in a confused state which one to buy. Thank u.

Alivelu

2. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Re: need suggestions for selecting a mattress

Hi...The one we use is Tempurpedic mattress. It is little expensive than other mattresses but such a good mattress. Feel like body is just sinking in it. And it gives our back good position also. Before I was also waking up with uncomfortble feeling in my back and neck. But since my husband bought this new mattress, I am very relaxed and no sore body anymore. I am not sure if its available in India. But try to search on internet, before you make up your mind. Because these things are very important. You can't purchase those things everyday. Other thing, I would suggest, go to the different stores and talk to the sales person and get maximum information and then decide which mattress you want to buy. Last thing, better to spend good money for your good sleep.

1 person likes this.
  3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom New IL'ite

Re: need suggestions for selecting a mattress

very true.. thanks for ur suggestion of the tempurpedic mattress. i also get back pain at times.

by the way, they say using a foam mattress topper also helps get rid of back pain .is it true?

4. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi Cherry...I am not sure if foam mattress topper helps. But what I would assume, it may give little more strength to the mattress. I could be wrong. I don't use any foam mattress topper though. Tempurpedic mattress is doing good job for us. Hope it will help.

5. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

I bought a basic firm hard mattress. we first got sealy posturpedic pillow top ones which was not good, i felt ok but my husband and parents didn;t like it.
    we always felt the mattress in hotels are too good. so when enquired they are basic firm mattresses. so got one similar to it and for the past 5 yrs no problem with it.

one more thing to be noted is when u r preg,( more prone to back problems) it is better to sleep on firm mattress. my gyn adviced me that pillow top and soft ones are not good when preg. hope this helps.

6. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I am with Amicable here - we post the Tempurpedic a few years back - and it is the best. Yes, it is a bit more expensive than other matteresses - but think of it as a long term investment.