1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Help On A Lifetime Decision

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Barupavi, Jul 28, 2018.

1. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

I don't like speaking negative for my family, but this the case with me too. I have an elder brother and lives in US not far away from me. He has a GF and would always be with her and will talk over with my parents once or twice a week. He will text me only when he needs a recipe to cook something since his GF doesn't know how to cook. He doesn't know what is going on in my life and is never around when I need a family member. I was very hurt when things didn't work out with the last guy I was talking too, and needed someone to talk, to vent my thoughts/feelings out. I called him, he talked just for 5 mins and didn't even wanted to listen what had happened between us. It's been 2 years we met in person and we would be talking on phone every 6 months for only 10-15mins. When he went through heart break, he stayed at my place for weeks so he could feel better. When he lost his job, he stayed at my place for months, so he doesn't have to spend on rent and other expenses. I met a car accident, he didn't wanted to talk about it since he was busy talking to his GF then.

My parents are aware of his behavior, tried talking to him many times that he should be there for me when I need him for nothing works. Eventually even my parents tell me that they have to be fair with both their kids so they cannot do much here. They sometimes support me with the kind of experiences I have been through with the guys for marriage and sometimes blame me only for it. So I started posting things on IL to get an idea if the guy could be right or not (you will find many posts of mine in Single's section).

I am nobody to give you advices, but based on whatever I have been through and seen around, sometimes even our family wouldn't be there when we need them the most. All I can say is first try to make yourself so strong that even if you go through any bad experiences in future (be it marriage or job or anything), you don't need to be dependent on anybody for financial or even emotional support. Once you get to that level, go with whatever you like to do i.e. marriage, starting your business or buying a house or anything.

salad, Barupavi and Topaz49 like this.
  2. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

The BEST advice.

Barupavi likes this.