1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Help On A Lifetime Decision

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Barupavi, Jul 28, 2018.

1. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Dear OP

This guy gives his kid more importance than you. Maybe he loves his child more as he has no wife now. Wont he love a second child equally, if he had one? Wont the love between you and him increase with time?

I think him loving his child shows a dependable and trustworthy person. Once you get married he will give you more importance and if you both have a child together he will love you child equally to the first. If he loves your child a lot and love you in a good way, wont that make you contented?

When I say about the second child dont forget or love the first less. Always love the first child more as she is the reason you liked him. When he sees that you love the first kid he will surely love you more.( I have heard of people treating the first kid badly, so please take care.) Before all this I think its good to know why he got divorced in the first place.

shravs3, nakshatra1 and Barupavi like this.
  2. Barupavi

Barupavi Bronze IL'ite

Yes star90 I have asked me myself many times whether I will be able to treat his child as mine though I have one in future..I have prepared myself to be a mother at first place and then his wife.His divorce was due to his ex extramarital relation..I am sure about this as I got too see some photos which he kept for submission in court accidentally.Tq for concern

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

OP,
    Let me understand your issue, correct me if I got it wrong.
    YOU-
    .29 yrs old divorcee who has taken a liking for this 37 yr old man.
    .You are not yet married to him and your parents have reservations.
    .He has a 5 yr old daughter to whom he gives all the preference and you can never get his full attention.
    .You are confused whether to accept everything and marry him or move on, as suggested by parents.
    .You are strongly protective towards him and you seem to sympathise with his issues.

HE-
    .He has proposed.
    .Still battling with his ex and the in-laws over the child.
    .He is making it amply clear to you that he wants you in his life but will not give that special status to you.

My reading is, he is working from the area of INSECURITY AND HAS THE DOG IN THE MANGER ATTITUDE with his ex. He doesn't want his ex to have anything more than the mandatory, with his daughter and he doesn't want to give anyone any chance to point a finger at him or he doesn't want his ex to get even one point to score against him. He is still not done with battles with his ex.SO HE IS FEEDING HIS OWN INSECURITIES.

If you feel so strongly for him, you will have to -
    .Assure him that you will love his daughter even more than him and will NOT ALLOW HIS EX TO GET A CHANCE TO COMPLAIN OR HAVE AN UPPER HAND.
    . You will have to assure him that HIS IDEAS AND IDEALS are the most important things to you in life and you are ready to sacrifice anything and everything for it and prove it till he gets convinced and trusts you. This may, to some extent, help him to relax and give you some attention.

Now you have to question, whether you are ready for this challenge full of hurdles and pitfalls.(In most couples with trust issues, even for small issues like a little fall or injury to their biological child, spouses bring the house down accusing the other of negligence. Here the possibilities are , forever you will be under scrutiny)

Considering his insecurity, I don't see any good prospect here. Take a decision from your brain and not the heart. At 29, you are not too old to despair and marriage is not the ultimate in life. A happy spinsterhood is better than an unhappy marriage.

All the best.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    shravs3, Laks09, BhumiBabe and 4 others like this.
  4. Barupavi

Barupavi Bronze IL'ite

At the first place I feel an elderly support from your words.Thank you for taking time to reply me.I assure you that I will take my time and go through all the inner doubts and will come to a decision after a reasonable time.Will keep you updated.:unamused:

5. Barupavi

Barupavi Bronze IL'ite

Dear geethakashyap
    Really feeling light after reading your thoughtful inputs.and am not really desparate for marriage.I will analyse myself with all your valuable thoughts and conclude.Thankyou for concern.:blush:

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Did he divorce his wife ?
    Or still thinking about it.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  7. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

the first thing you need to find is why his marriage is ending.

8. Barupavi

Barupavi Bronze IL'ite

Yes he divorced and all the legal formalities finished..he got his child's custody..all happened last year

9. Barupavi

Barupavi Bronze IL'ite

I found a truth in his statement that his wife had another affair..and he had some pics his wife took with her boyfriend..i happened to see those pics accidentally when I used his mobile for official purpose

10. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Hello OP,

I think, as women, we have a tendency to sell ourselves short and commit to relationships that might not be in your best interest. You are young! You are not tethering at "old age", to worry about this guy as your final option.
    You say that you are willing to take the role of step-mother, but you are put off by this guy putting first priority and importance to his daughter- a parent should always put their children's best interest first, but it doesn't mean that he's incapable of loving you.
    I hear a lot of doubt from you, about trying to find someone else after instinctually realizing that this guy might not be for you. I think you should listen to that instinct. You will find someone else, and things will be ok. Don't fear the unknown- you never know who's destined for you and when he'll enter your life.

vijai86, friendabc, Barupavi and 4 others like this.