Seeking advice on Bangalore schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares in Bangalore' started by butterflyice, Feb 23, 2014.

1. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

We currently live in the US and are looking at possible relocation to Bangalore in Jul/Aug. My kid will be in First standard and another one will start LKG.

[COLOR=#009900 !important]I need advice[/COLOR] on seeking good schools that fit the following [COLOR=#009900 !important]criteria[/COLOR].

1.Good quality of teaching.

2. Do the [COLOR=#009900 !important]teachers[/COLOR] involve all the kids in all activities? For eg do all [COLOR=#009900 !important]students[/COLOR] get an opportunity to speak out in class or only the outspoken ones speak (if students are asked for their opinions)

3. Frequency of interaction between teachers and parents. Are teachers generally open to communicating with parents (thro email or any other medium) about childrens' performance in school and about other day-to-day concerns like child falling sick during school etc

4. Positive encouragement given to students. For eg praising kids when they do soemthing right as opposed to picking on them when they do wrong. Also when the students do something undesirable how is it dealt with? Are they spanked, sent out of class, reported to prinicipal/parent, fined or spoken to regarding the right behaviour and why what the kid did was wrong.

5. Curricular activities and sports - are all kids involved in these?

I am not going by brand names or syllabus(only cbse or icse or international). As long as the school meets most of the above criteria, I am pretty much open to any school.

Location is not a constraint. We will move to an apartment close by.

It will be very helpful if parents whose kids are studying in blore reply with their experience, truly appreciate your time.

2. samiras

samiras New IL'ite

Hi,
    Have you thought of Inventure Academy? I would suggest that you should go & take a look at the school as one of the options for your child... The school is also located in Whitefield/Sarjapur area & is affiliated to both ICSE & IGSCE. I know, it's a tedious process of going around and looking at various schools & then choosing the right one for your child.. Both my kids goes to Inventure academy & they simply love it.

3. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

check out all school information, feedback ,reviews in thinkvidhya.com

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Samiras and Vemala, thanks for getting back.

Samiras, I did read good things about Inventure. Which grades are your kids in? Did you also live abroad for a while?