Secular Character of Hindu Religion

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I thank your son Ani, for appreciating me !

Dear Radha,
    Such in-depth topics pose a real challenge ! I realise it only now when there are too many points to be mentioned. Mine is just a tip of the ice-berg !
    Even if I get half the no: of F B s I will be happy to have done justice to a vast topic.
    Next week, I am planning to post " why do we light lamp in our house?".
    A heavy topic has to be " off-set" with a breezy one !!
    I will miss you in both my forums, Radha.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Ms.C,

Such a beautiful piece on Hinduism today. The oldest religionin the world and am proud to be part of it. Your explanation on why we have so many gods and goddesses makes so much sense.
    Hinduism is catching on in the US today. I see so many Americans visiting our temples and and expressing their wish to learn more about us. I think you should start a separate website devoted to this thread. Your explanations are so simple and easy for everyone to understand.

Vandhana

3. Chitvish

Vandhana, I cannot thank you enough !

You are lavish in your praise & I pray God make me worthy of it.
    Very often not understanding our religion is the main obstacle in our progress. If we understand & enjoy all aspects, we will be very proud of being born Hindus. I am happy, you think like me.
    Stay tuned Vandhana - I do need you all, to keep me going in my mission !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Wonderful piece

Dear Chithra

Thoroughly enjoyed this week's posting. I read the same posting for about three times. You have explained a very difficult topic easy to understand, with ur simple words and good language. Your explanations to why we have different Gods is very intersting. Thanking you for another beautiful and thought provoking piece.

Love and Regards
    Priya

5. Chitvish

Priya, I almost started missing your F b !

In the morning the first post I saw was yours! You are one of my " most faithfuls" in both my forums - I cannot thank you enough for that, Priya.
    I agree that this topic has to be read a few times to be understood . I am very happy about your appreciative words ! Thankyou for continuing with me.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Great job! As usual, crystal clear explanation, and what a profound topic! Keep up the good work! Looking fwd to your breezy writeup next week!

7. Chitvish

Oh, Sudha, how do I thank you ?

You are travelling & are on an enjoyable holiday. But in the midst of all the busy time, you found time to read my post & send me a F b so promptly !
    Any amount of my thanking you is not enough, my dear friend !
    I do assure, I will contribute my best & make the postings as interesting & knowledgeable as possible - I owe it to every one of you, my dear I L ites.
    Looking forward eagerly to meeting you,
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I as held up with Aravindh's health problem and so did not visit the forum much. Just now I read your post for the week.
    My, you have given such a huge topic in a nutshell. It is not easy to explain about our religion in a simple way. One has to read so many books and learn so much from gurus and other discourses and practice the religion truly. Then only one can understand such things. We people can follow on the footsteps of great people to reach God.
    Maahaperiava had said that Hinduism did not have a name at first. When foreigners invaded India, they named our country India and religion as Hinduism, connecting with the river Indus. And our religion was not founded by anybody, it was there, it is here and it shall be there forever.
    Practising religion in a very strong manner is possible only for a very few people. So our Vedas have given us freedom to worship God in whatever form we like. This idol worship is a starter and we should practise to worship the formless Almightly in due course of time.
    Thanks for such a nice post.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

9. Chitvish

Thankyou, Varloo !

Hindu dharma is Veda dharma or Sanatana dharma & is said to be a universal way of life.
    Ours is a primeval religion and not established by individuals.We have reason to be proud of the fact that we do not know who founded our religion. We have the good fortune to be heirs to a religion, that is eternal.
    Now, in my eagerness, I do not want to start off another post, Varloo !
    Please stay tuned.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Another very nice, beautiful post on Hinduism. “Secular character of hindu religion” , this title itself explains our religion’s unique feature of following different ways of worshipping and different forms and Yes, no doubt, Hindu religion is unique by all means. We do believe in and respect other religions too and this secular mentality of ours is because of the secular character of our Hindu religion, I feel.

Thank you so much.

regards,
    surya.