Secrets of a Successful Woman

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by girijasenthil, Dec 29, 2010.

1. girijasenthil

girijasenthil Senior IL'ite

Dear Ladies
    "Behind Every Successful man there is a woman”. That’s true.

In this era,

Every Woman wants to be successful in their field of interest.

Before marriage, a girl has her dream, aim to touch the sky.

After marriage, she might slightly deviate from her dream or scarified aim.

She her own busy schedule that includes parenting, taking care of homework, husband, eb bills, water bills, phone bills, office work etc..

Apart from these work few ladies successfully printing their face in society as a writer, speaker, social worker, presenter and teacher etc...

I would like hear/read motivational / inspiring stories from successful women.

Please share your stories / events / experience that motivate young ladies to plan their carrier to touch colorful life.

With Motivation.

Girija SenthilKumar

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    You can share your story first. I am sure that you are successful in your own right.

3. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Every successful Woman :queen

has a Man :hatsoff

Working behind the screens :biggrin2: :biglaugh

4. girijasenthil

Hi rajji,

I have yet not done anything great. Currently I am successfully managing work, study and family.
    While I am seeing some ladies as higher officiers or icon feels like "How can we reach that place? Why not?".

Similarly, many of indusladies may be feels successfully shining in their own field. I would like to hear from them. Their way of answering in tough time, their way of handling touch situatin may helps other ladies to motivate them self.

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

turn anywhere around you, you see a successful woman. i would go to the extent of saying that almost all women are successful. It really depends on how you define "success".

our country is full of examples of successful women :thumbsup, be they women entrepreneurs, professionals, homemakers, mothers, grandmothers or even our the women who help us with our domestic chores.

my admiration for the last group in particular is very high. these are the women who lead such tough existences and still struggle to make two ends meet and see to it that their children to look after. i have two such women in my own home. one comes to help me out with the housework. her husband works on contracts laying tiles and so on, but his job is not guaranteed. she has had her share of problems with her husband. through all that, she has taken up jobs in two households to help her make ends meet. she sends both her children to school. her older daughter had a few health issues, which she has attended to, earlier she used to help her children with their homework at home. but now they are in higher classes, and she is unable to do that anymore. so she has arranged for them to have tuitions in school. she works really hard and is really reliable - veritably my woman friday!

the other lady who comes to cook, has had a really sad life. she is all of 23 and already has a 3 year old son. she was married to her maama. once her maama and her mother had some rift. so, he and mother told her that since she was her mother's daughter, she could not continue to stay with them :bonk. he threw her out with her son. but the bigger irony is that the maama and her mother are now reconciled and this girl is left out in the cold :spin. she continues to stay with her mother and brothers. i do not know whether the brothers give anything at home or not. but the mother certainly demands her pound of flesh from the daughter. add to that the daughter keeps getting calls from various people telling her that the mother owes so much money and pressurising her to pay. in spite of all her problems, this girl always comes to work with a smile on her face, well dressed and is sending her son to school :bowdown. she wants to move out of her mother's house, but has to stay on as she needs someone to leave her child with when she goes to work.

our country is full of such women. theirs is a story of triumph over circumstances. of course, the women born in better circumstances are
    successful in their own fields too.

6. girijasenthil

Yes. thats true...

Thank you for sharing your view...

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Nice thread Girija :thumbsup
    Truly inspiring Satchi.

How do we define success? It could mean different things to different people. Is it when a woman makes her mark in her chosen profession ? Is it when she raises fine children and holds the family together ? Is it when she gives up her career so her spouse can have his ? Is it when she is recognised for her contribution to the society at large?
    Is the yardstick for success financial ?Spiritual? Emotional...
    Depending on which one we choose successful women and men as Satchi rightly said are all around us.
    I would love to hear more stories about all such women.

8. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

ROFL! Agreed :cheers
    And you work so hard :rotfl

Well said Satchi :thumbsup

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  9. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Girija, each one is blessed with a different skill set. Don't compare yourself with others.
    Do what you can and Be happy! :)

10. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Very well said Satchi. I was going to start my reply with 'Define Success '.

In my terms, Success for any woman is the ultimate happiness she gets out of what she is doing.

I have seen this happen and I would define this as success: A single mother with two kids who works two jobs a day and yet finds time to take her kids for football lessons.