1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Secretive....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shakambari, Jun 10, 2009.

1. tuvila

tuvila New IL'ite

hI ALL,

I do get irritated when that happens.When we visit my in laws place ,my hubby ,mil,fil and sil sit in the kitchen and discuss a lot of stuff,crack jokes,make financial decisions etc.I am usually encouraged to sit in the hall and watch tv .When i enter the kitchen they all stop talking and scatter away..
    And my hubby talks to his mom over the phone only during his office hours and when iam having my bath.
    My hubby acts as if they all belong to one family and that iam their enemy!!

2. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

For me this happens most of the times, specially when my SIL's are here, they talk in hush hush tones and whispers, I dont care as long as they don't involve my DH, but sometimes when this gets a bit too much I am really hurt though I try to ignore but this behaviour makes me weep.

3. sashie

sashie New IL'ite

yes my il;s do this all the time, and it still hurts....and they stop talking when i enter the room too! its worse now with sil/mil..they will sit in one corner and whisper like children, but i just look away and ignore it...even though they are not talking about me (or maybe they are?) i still think it is very rude. however they like to treat me like an outsider, so thats how i behave with them, an outsider....my dh also doesn;t stop this behaviour so he is to blame too! mlk, my dh does same thing on the phone..he will answer "yes", "no" etc.....and thats when i know that they are all discussing me or my family....

sash

4. tiyamommy

tiyamommy New IL'ite

earlier i wud be irritated when my IL's did that, i wud come to know they r talking abt me once my DH starts his monosyllables and try to look at me whether i am overhearing , trying to go far that i cannot hear, but these days i have developed ignorance , n its working ,it hardly affects me as long as he behaves normal after their talks...

cheers
    tiyamommy

5. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

My DH talks really late in the nite when I am asleep with my MIL. I used to feel bad initially and asked him many times to involve me also in their calls...but he never does that. Anyways i stopped caring after certain point. Now i dont care when and wht he talks with his mom.
    -Priya