Second Pregnancy Support

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by chikyala, May 23, 2008.

1. Anit

Anit New IL'ite

Re: help me out

Good Morning all,

I have one question - can i do the preg test at home for 3 weeks now. Am due for the period on 8th Sept. Am not sure if am or not? Am trying for my second baby now.

Pls. help.

Thanks,
    Anit

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Anit - Its best to do the HPT on or after the date when your periods are due. Doing it earlier there are high chances of a false negative. Good luck!

Vanathi.

3. anurk

anurk New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am happy to tell you that i am pregnant. My periods was due on 17th sep and i have tested it today and it is positive. i got appoint ment next week. But i wanted to know whether we need to test around 40 days. Did i tested too early.Do i need to test agian after few days.
    Please frinds help me, i am eager to get confirmation.

Thanks,
    lakshmi

4. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

Corn is difficult to digest. Its better to eat soft food right now to enable easy digestion.

For backache, you can do simple yogasana meant for pregnant ladies. Check the link on my other post with title - 'Yogasana for pregnancy'.
    Also watch your posture, get a lumbar support pillow and the best way to relieve it is lying flat for a while.

5. dhanasathesh

dhanasathesh New IL'ite

Need suggestions to gain weight!!!

Hi,

I am having problem about weight gain. I am in 32nd week. Yesterday I had Dr. visit and I didnt gain even a single pound for last three weeks. It makes me to worry a lot. At the time of I conceived I was in 165 LBs. Then due to severe vomitting I lost 5 LBs in the 3rd and 4th month. After that I gradually put some weight and now I am with 169 LBs. So what is my actual weight gain till now? Is it normal? I am eating and doing well. My uterus also in right size (32 Cm). But I dont know what is going inside me...

Is anybody faced the same problem??? I am having next Dr. visit after two weeks. My Dr. recommend me for a Ultra sound to know the baby growth. I am going for that coming week.

Friends, please give me some suggestions to gain weight. I am really feeling bad...

Regards,
    Dhana Sathesh

6. lakshmi.mani

lakshmi.mani Junior IL'ite

Re: Need suggestions to gain weight!!!

Hi Dhana,

Even my sister had the same problem when she was pregnant. I think the weight gain standards during last trimester are different in US and India. She was asked to eat egg, drink soy milk etc..

she ate around 4 boiled eggs everyday and drank lots of soy milk towards the end and had gained weight according to US standards...Since we do not eat egg she found it very difficult to manage ...

hope this helps..

--Lakshmi

7. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dhana,

I too had weight gain problem during pregnancy. I just delivered a month back. My weight before getting pregnant was 64 kg. During first 3 months, I lost weight and became 62 kg. Then gained weight and became 64 kg again and never gained any weight after that till I delivered. I was amazingly only 64 kg throughout pregnancy. Whenever I went for doctor visit, it would show 64 kg and I was very worried about this. I really didn't know what was happening with me. But the doctor said that baby is growing well and so I need not worry if I lost weight. I had gestational diabetes, that could be the reason for my weight loss. I think what happened in my case was that I kept losing weight and baby's weight compensated that and hence maintained 64 kg throughout. My little one was healthy and weighed 3.25 kg at birth. I was 61 kg immediately after delivery .

so dont worry. If your ultrasound and your doctor checkups show that the baby is growing well, you need not worry at all. Try to eat healthy, that should do....Take care, gud luck.

Radhee

8. sima

sima New IL'ite

You said you weighed 165 lbs before pregnancy. If you know your height then calculate your height and weight here. This will show you exactly how much weight you should gain in total.

Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator | BabyCenter

Eat more protein rich foods. You body needs atleast 80gms of protein per day when you are pregnant. I basically have high metabolism and it's very hard to put weight. Since I got pregnant I'm eating atleast 70-80gms of protein per day. I'm amazed to see my weight gain every week. Also you need to take more fat during last 2 months of your pregnancy. Make sure you take good fats and avoid trans fats like chips, cookies or any deep fried foods. First I thought it's very hard to get proteins from food. Actually it is easy. try these healthy foods.

Double protein multigrain bread
    4 cups of dairy products ( cheese, milk or youghurt)
    Buy greek fat yogurt ( it has three time sprotein then regualr yougurt)
    2 eggs everyday ( get omega 3 enriched egg. Your baby needs omega 3 and DHA during last 3 months of pregnancy for brain development)
    Eat 1 piece chicken every day ( baked, boiled or stir fried)
    Eat fish 2 times a week( make sure u eat fish with low mercury levels)
    1 cup of cooked lentils everyday ( dhal, sundal or sambar)
    Switch to brown rice instead of white rice.

Try these foods for 1 week I bet you will defenetly gain some weight. These are my regular foods.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

I agree with PP about eating sensibly to gain good weight. But it is hard to say what is a good weight gain for you without knowing what your body mass index was. Women, like me who were on the lower range of normal, should be gaining more weight than women in the higher ranges of normal, overweight and obese. Not suggesting you are any of it. Though I had delivered in the 8th month, I had easily put on 24 pounds by then and still looked mostly unpregnant (just plump).
    The link Sima gave is very useful, try to get the whole picture and not watch the weighing machine. I am sure you are doing great.

10. dhanasathesh

dhanasathesh New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Thank you so much for all your valuable suggestions. According to my height and weight I have to gain 15-25lbs throughout my pregnancy. Waiting for the Ultra sound to know the baby weight.

I will surely consider all your ideas and change my diet. Let you know the result later...

Best Regards
    Dhana Sathesh