Second Pregnancy Support

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by chikyala, May 23, 2008.

1. rosiekin

rosiekin New IL'ite

Hi. How are you doing? I feel very sorry to hear about your infertility. Sometimes, it happens without any reason. A lot of people experience unexplained infertility. But I'm glad you are taking this seriously now. You have spent enough time TTC. it's time to move forward and do something about it. Surrogacy is a good idea. It sure will solve all your problems. The place you plan on visiting in Ukraine is a good one. They won't disappoint you. It would be great if you share your experience here with us. Good luck. You will be a parent soon.

2. ParentingTips

ParentingTips New IL'ite

Hello Chikyala,
    Preparing for a second baby is exciting and nervous for both parents and the old sibling. While you have to prepare yourself for this second pregnancy, you also have to convince your first baby for the new member as it will be difficult for them too.

Well that’s a tough task but one can manage it quite well by following certain rules or not exactly rules but you can prepare your first child for the birth of his/her new sibling?

Tips for preparing your older child for a new sibling:
    • First, you need to counsel your older child or ask him/her that if he wants a sibling or not. Respect their decision and give them some time if they say no. When I asked my son about the same, his answer was unexpected as he said yes. ‘Mommy, I want! All my friends have a sibling. So, I also want one.’
    • Do not ever say to your child that I am going to have a baby. Tell him ‘He/she is your baby, I have one and now, the second one is yours because you need him/her’. Make him realize that new sibling is coming for him/her and he will be going to look after the baby with mom and dad.
    • Ask him and show him how you eat food on your own. In this way, the older one will also learn and will be a role model for the younger one as well.
    • Read to your older child about brothers, sisters and siblings bond..
    • Give your child a doll so that he or she can learn the skills of a caretaker through role-play activities.
    • Look at your older child’s infancy pictures together and tell the story of his/her birth.

I hope this information will help you in boosting your confidence and will prepare you and your child for a new family member. For more information on this topic or any topic related to parenting and pregnancy, you can take help from www.wonderparenting.com as it is very helpful and benificial. Thanks. Have a healthy parenting!

3. divyanka30

divyanka30 New IL'ite

hi, Don't take the stress. All will be fine. Handle the situation wisely and calmly. All will be fine soon. Hope for the best. Stay positive. Better things are surely coming. My best wishes and prayers are with you. Take care. Best wishes for your future.

4. Akshataa

Akshataa New IL'ite

Hi dear ladies, I am Akshataa and a new person in this group. Not able to find the right thread where I can share my feelings. I am a mother of 6 year old girl and I am pregnant for the second time now at the age of 40 now. I am so happy and due to my husband's advice not to share with anyone before 3 months are over, I cannot share my feelings with anyone here but feel like telling someone. So, I have come here and happy here. I am in my cycle day 25 and my period day is after two days but my blood test is positive with a good value of beta hcg. Please wish me a happy and healthy pregnancy journey ahead dear ladies. Also help me with the right thread if I have posted in a wrong thread. Thanks.

Rampuri9 likes this.
  5. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Congrats @Akhataa!! i think it is safe to wait until 3 months are over to announce the pregnancy!

6. Priyanka044

Priyanka044 New IL'ite

Hi. I know to be pregnant the second time so early can be tough and surprising but it is not what you cannot handle. I also was facing the same situation but when I consulted with Dr. Kaushiki it got a little easier to handle and for me, she is the Best IVF Doctor in gurgaon. I would recommend that you can also visit her once to tell her about your situation.

7. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Congrats !! - Have a healthy and Safe pregnancy

8. Asw

Asw Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I was in a really stressed time today.

We live in USA. I have a 10 year old son. He has ADHD and related issues. My husband is a nice person except that his anger and words hurts me so much. I didnt try for a second baby before this because I felt that
    1. my husband is not much good at handling my first son.
    2. I couldnt dedicate my time and love towards my son.
    3. Here I could not get any help.

Recently, I overheared a conversion he was having with his former female collegue in a wrong way, sending messages and talking over phone. I spoke to him about this and he stopped it. I couldnt really come out of it. I really love him so much.

I feel that I should have a baby to live through, to talk and play, and a beautiful sibling to my wonderful son.

Now I feel I want a child at 35 years. We tried for 3 months but couldnt conceive. I know its a short time but each time when I have to call my husband to have personal time, he seems not interested. He says that I wasted all my times that we could had a baby. I am stressing myself a lot thinking I have wasted my years.

Just wanted to vent my feelings.

9. sabari

sabari Gold IL'ite

Don't worry dear. Everything will be fine. First of all dont get stressed if you get your periods. Have a stress free private time with your husband. There is menstrual calender in the internet. Use that to find your fertile days. You mentioned that your husband is not interested anymore. Please don't tell him that , the purpose of this private time is for conceiving a baby. Just go by the flow. Wear a saree. Trust me it works. You are just 35 years old. My sister had her second baby when she was 34. The age difference between the first one and the second was 11 years. Don't worry about the age. If your child is going to school then ask your husband to take off for a day and go for date.

10. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Please go forward if you are confident in bringing up another life into this world.

Book an appointment with pcp and check your pressure and other test if you still haviy trouble in conceiving. Make sure you eat healthy balanced food. All the best.