Second Pregnancy Support

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by chikyala, May 23, 2008.

1. preethadg

preethadg Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I m happy to share that I m pregnant for second time. 7 weeks. My DS is about 4 yrs. he is very cooperative. During my first pregnancy I used to sleep a lot. This time, while in first trisemester, I do not feel sleepy at all. Nights I sleep 8 hrs sound sleep. I m very normal and doing usual house chores without any problem. Is this normal not to take much sleep during first trisemester?

Please suggest.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

First.. Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    Eat healthy and stay healthy.
    Its good that you get your adequate night sleep. That's enough for this stage. Don't worry.
    Take care.

3. simar90

simar90 New IL'ite

Congratulations! It is perfectly normal. Do have almonds and milk regularly as it will keep you and your child strong. Good rest is all you need. I am in my 25th week now with my first baby. It is really important to be active during pregnancy. I was searching for some information on stem cell banking and ended up on your thread. My gynae suggested we should opt for it as it can even help the siblings and family members in future. Are you or anyone opting for it? I read about the benefits and technology on cordlifeindia.com. They seem to be really good

4. simar90

simar90 New IL'ite

If u want i can help you with the information and all. Inbox me your contact details.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  5. Amira143

Amira143 New IL'ite

Hi can anyone help me. How i can find a lady who gives massage to mother and baby. I have just delivered a baby 15 days ago, and body keeps on paining every time whole day. I heard that I can find ladies who takes care of mother and baby after the delivery. Can anyone suggest me with the place or may be contact details of such ladies.

Thank you

6. deevic

deevic New IL'ite

I like the part u mentioned about advantage.

7. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Hi. I don't know why your doctor asked you to stop bfing . I nursed my older one for way long and I was already pregnant with my second one .It's pretty normal to nurse the older one while we are pregnant with second . Infact , you can even do tandem nursing once the 2nd baby is delivered . Doctors in the US generally recommend continuing as long as we want unless there is some major issues with the 2nd pregnancy in which case they may recommend you to stop. If your pregnancy is progressing along fine , you can continue nursing the older one for a lil bit longer .

8. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

And if you want to stop nursing but still provide the benefits of your BM , you can pump some of that milk in a cup and feed the baby . Stopping breastfeeding cold turkey is what leads to plugged ducts and it will be very painful . You can slowly stop bfing by extracting the milk and feeding him through a cup.

9. sharukhh

sharukhh New IL'ite

10. AalokaMalik

AalokaMalik New IL'ite

Very good advice!