Second Pregnancy Support

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by chikyala, May 23, 2008.

1. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Re: weight loss.. pls help me..

Ooviya, I did not lose weight, but hardly gained a few 100 gms the first trimester and I was underweight to start with. I was told that is the par for the course if you have pronounced nausea. I did end up gaining 10 kg overall in the 8 months I was pregnant, so not bad.
    Keep yourself hydrated, if you are vommitting. I am sure you are already doing something to control the nausea (if you are still continuing to have it): salt-y crackers first thing in the morning before I even got off the bed, ginger lozenge, eating many small meals throughout the day helped me stay nourished and work at an insanely rigorous job in the first trimester. Good luck with your pregnancy.

2. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot for ur advice and feedback... now only i feel better....

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Ooviya,
    is there any way we can meet? it is frustrating not to meet someone who is vey close actually. Do you have the phone number of Bhooma? Or whose number do you have?

4. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi mam,

i am unable to attend that meet due to my preg. i already ( bef.that meet) informed to all. so i don't have any one 's no. i also eagerly waiting to meet u... but i don't kno how?????

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

What is your husband's name? Which apartment are you in? You said you are near Rakki hospital, right?

6. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

s mam. if u cum, tell me d day and time. i will cum and pick up u in Rakki hospi. u r welcome.....

7. mamma

mamma New IL'ite

2nd Pregnancy

Hello ILites,
    I am new to this forum. My friends suggested this site and I'm hoping to get lots of advice regarding my situation.

I have a 9 month old kid and just found out that I'm pregnant again. I'm looking for suggestions to take care of myself and my 1st kid during this time. I don't work and that means I'm the one who primarily takes care of my 1st one.
    I had GD in my first pregnancy , so diet control is another challenge for me in terms of cooking.

Also, my insurance might change soon.So it will be a new doctor .

I have the following options in mind. Which one do you do you think is better ?
    1. Take my kid to India in my 2nd trimester after I get the green signal from my doc and come back in the 7th month with my parents. Have them here until I deliver.
    2. Hire a nanny here and call the parents only later during the delivery. Of course I need to take nanny expenses into account since I don't work. Also will it be an ideal solution.

Hope to have my questions answered and also any pointers from moms with 2 or more kids will be highly helpful.

8. riva

riva New IL'ite

Re: 2nd Pregnancy

Hi,
    My personal opinion:

If you have good support in India, I think going to India is a better option (ofcourse, given you can handle the travel well with a 9mo old baby). Unless you know the nanny personally well, even if you hire a nanny, I think it can be stressful from different aspects.

Ofcourse, you would want to finalize and get comfortable with the doctor before you leave to India.

9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Congrats !

Hiring nanny & bringing parents to usa is a dream. It will cost you more since you are in 1man's earnings.

Think well & decide.

Going to India is a best choice since you have relatives, all friends to help you out. If visa problem/dh work issue then stay back. Will your dh come with you?

Your 1st one is co-operative right? If yes, then no worries.

10. mamma

mamma New IL'ite

Thank you for responding. Looks like going to India is a better thing to do.
    Even if I go to India it is just during my 2nd trimester and I will be back to US for my delivery.
    @Anitha: DS is a sweetheart but he's still a baby. I'm more concerned about lifting him in the early stages. Since I take care of him whole day, I can't avoid carrying him.