Second Pregnancy Support

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by chikyala, May 23, 2008.

1. chikyala

chikyala New IL'ite

my kid is 1 yr old and i guess im pregnent

hai
    i need your help my id turned 1 yr i guess im pregnent not yet confirmed .......my concern is will i be able to tae care of my first kid while im pregnent .
    plz advice

2. vidhya parani

vidhya parani Senior IL'ite

Re: my kid is 1 yr old and i guess im pregnent

hi chikyala,
    dont worry, even a close friend of mine has an unexpected second pregnancy before her first baby turned one...she was also very much worried about her first child, she has gone back to india to her parents place for delivery...if your pregnancy is confirmed, i suggest you to get somebody to come and stay with you (parents or ILs) for a while, if going to parents place is not an option...because it can be challeging to take care of a toddler while being pregnant and later on nursing a baby...but one advantage is that both of them will grow in one go and in a few years when both start school you will have time for yourself....
    relax and take care of yourself...
    all the best!

3. Anuparas

Anuparas New IL'ite

HI
    I myself had second one when my first was year and half. It is tough to manage the first one in the last trimister. If possible,get help for the last few months. You will need more patience for atleast another 2 years. Once the lil one is 21/2 to 3 years,life becomes easy. hang in there. its not so tough. you can do it with help. Ask help from your good friends.I had that option. All my friends helped me and supported me mentally when i was insane with sleepless nights.
    Good luck .

4. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

hI chikyala,

Ya,as all said it might be tough handling the first child at ur last trimester,but u can bring them up together in one go.But as its being only one year,u question urself whether u have regained all ur energy back and check with ur gynaec whether ur body is ready again for another baby .
    All the best

Cheers,
    Spandhana

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi!

If medically you being pregnant is safe (i mean depending on your first delivery if your gyn says the time gap is fine) please go ahead. I aborted a pregnancy when my son was 10 months old because my first one was c-section and my gyn preferred that I wait. Now my son is 3 yrs old and our second one is expected to arrive anytime. It's not easy at this age too. It'll be tough only for few months then your children will have each other to entertain and they'll grow up together which i think is the best part. As others say take help as and when needed. And also because your first born is not yet in kindergarden or school going age you don't have to worry about other practical aspects too:) All the best...

Latha

6. chikyala

chikyala New IL'ite

HI
    Everybody thanks alot for the suggestion as i stay in us i was worried n was feeling all alone after seeing your suggestions felt very happy ..i just need to make up my mind but still im not very sure abt the prgenency after 2 daysi will go for home pregnency test.
    bye

7. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

Hi Chikyala,

I will tell you my situation right now, I'm 30 weeks pregnant with my second baby, and I have a 14 month old toddler. Obviously our second was unplanned, but we are very happy about it. My parents do live close, but I stay at home so I mostly take care of her. I had a c-section with my first one, and the doctor's don't think its any issue at all. so basically what I'm saying is that its completely do-able, of course there are going to be days when its very tough ( my girl just started to walk, but I still have to carry her a lot). With proper care, nutrition and exercise you can have a very healthy baby and a happy toddler. Stay positive, and please don't abort the baby if medically possible, hey look at me I got pregnant 7 months after a c-section. take care and please feel free to ask any questions.

desi

1 person likes this.
  8. chikyala

chikyala New IL'ite

Hi
    Desi princess
    Thanks alot for giving me the confidence that i will b able to manage both the babies,ya i will never abort the baby thats for sure ......just waiting if i get my periods thats fine even if i dont i will carry on with my pregnency.
    hey congratulations to you for your pregnency.
    bye dear

9. LakshmiAnand

LakshmiAnand Senior IL'ite

hari om chikyala..
    hope all works fine for u.. yes.. i agree to what everyone says.. i think u can manage.. its not very difficult.. i am mother to 2 and a half year old daughter.. we dont have a second child.. but with help i know it becomes easier.
    take care and keep positive.

10. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello chik and desi

kids in a row
    planned or unplanned
    while the todler
    is up and walking
    the little one inside
    in eager waiting
    to see a brand new world....