1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Second Marriage And Success Rate ..

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by senorita2019, Feb 13, 2019.

1. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

hi
    I am 40, divorced and have a teen. Living in US and from Chennai. Looking to start new chapter

The stats that 70% second marriages end in divorce is shocking. One would think that after such a horrible experience people would be more wise, mature, experienced and alert and choose spouse properly. But looks like its not the case

Or maybe people saw the taste of hasslefree single life and dont want to tolerate crappy marriage for too long.

Have u guys heard of second marriage breakingup, what were the reasons

Pls share

2. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

I am looking for this . while at the same time looking for reasons divorcing also. ( probably i should be creating a new thread for this)

3. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

@Rose03 you are looking to file divorce from second marriage ??????

4. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Senorita, here is what I think. Divorced people in their 40’s no longer have rose tinted glasses on. There is less room for compromise because they are sure about what they want and what is not acceptable to them. Sometimes the scars and experiences of the previous marriage do carry over. Marriages in general do not come with any guarantees, first or second. So don’t let the fear of divorce prevent you from falling in love and getting married again.

5. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

Very true. People single after a divorce know the hard reality and know what they want clearly. But still why so much divorce in second marriage. Very weird.

6. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

We all give out energy/vibe and we attract matching energy. if you have attracted a bad partner before and that relationship has ended , you must focus on increasing your energy to a more positive and higher level to attract the right person. most people unfortunately do no introspection or self work, and end up in similar relationship patterns again , hence high rate of divorce in second marriages.

nolife, Amica, Aarushi and 1 other person like this.
  7. Emarald

Emarald Silver IL'ite

Here is what I think. In young age we have more energy and tolerance to adjust and make it work. Also small kids, not enough saving, parents, social stigma etc stop people from divorce first time. Second time all these factors may not be that important. Also with age tolerance level, adjustment level gone down hence divorce is easy option.

kavya007, Amica and senorita2019 like this.
  8. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

very true

9. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

focus on making your happy and healthy without depending on any other person. i saw one post from another IL who took some time for 2nd time and had a great partner, may be i spelled wrong. it is very right. date lot more. take more time then decide.

rushing to fill any void , is going to do more harm the good.

Amica and senorita2019 like this.
  10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Many people endure terrible marriages because divorce is scary and involves dealing with too many unknowns. In second marriages, people are less afraid because they've been through divorce and know they can survive it.

silentlistener and senorita2019 like this.