1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Second Dumbest Thing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sojourner, Apr 14, 2011.

1. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

A table-tennis friend of mine once got ran over by a tractor. He was working in a field tilling with a tractor. Somehow he jumped out. He ran back to the tractor and tried to stop it from the ground. His coat got caught in something and this resulted in the tractor running over him. This is what I remember from the story anyway. This happened several years ago -- he is fine now.

When he told me this story and showed me the wounds, he told me that this was the second dumbest thing that he had done. Of course, I had to ask him what the first dumbest thing was. He replied,

"That was getting married."

:)

paru123 likes this.

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello sir,

First let me wish you a Happy Tamil New year:)

The second dumbest thing is fine..but the first one as he quoted is really too much!

Still can't help having a :biglaugh

:cheers

Saras

3. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

:rotfl
    That was good.

But I don't understand why men make jokes about marriage and women don't and please don't tell me that you are this and we are that.
    excuses are same for everybody..

I remember the movie unstoppable when i read the incident. How thoughtless we are sometimes in such trivial things right?

:thumbsupgood one.

4. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the Tamil New year greetings. Back at you :) (This is a slang meaning "And the same to you".)

Happy Tamil New year to all readers.

5. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

I don't understand either but we (men) do. It may be because men see marriage as a loss of freedom more than women do.

A Chinese author has written:

Marriage is like a fort. Those on the outside cannot wait to get in. And those on the inside cannot wait to get out.

There is an American comedian called Henny Youngman. He starts off saying

"Take my wife "

as though he is going to add "for instance" but ends up cracking,

"please .......".

In a forum post, I had written about my brother's wedding which I hated. I almost wrote the following:

"Of the weddings in my family, I have only attended two -- this brother's wedding and mine. I definitely wish that I had not attended this brother's wedding. Now, come to think of it, I wish I had not attended mine either :)"

This last one was definitely a joke, as marked by the smiley.

6. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

:rotflசெம காமடி சார் நீங்க..
    To be truthful..Women do think that they gain more freedom after marriage(at least I do) And moreover there is not much difference in their life on both sides of the wedding - same routine with higher position.

But for men, now they have lost their job as a freelancer and ended up working under a woman boss:thumbsup

7. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Who often fights most unfairly [unlike men :)]

I once heard a friend's sister (who is way too country for my tastes) say the following to her husband in my presence. [To give a little background, her husband went to the U.S. as a student, got a PhD, came back to Mettupalayam, and married her.]

எங்கெல்லாம் போனாலும் கடைசிலே தொங்கு சலாம் போட்டுண்டு எங்க வீட்டுக்கு தானே வந்தீங்க

She said it with a smile but this still bothered me a lot. I was single at that time and was quite worried that I would end up being married to someone like her :)

8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

I kinda predicted the first dumbest thing... :) Nice one...

9. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

good that you did not reveal the identity of the table tennis friend. Else, his wife will not spare him.

Getting rolled by a tractor is one thing, but by a wife is another :)

cheers
    suresh

10. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

You are telling me? The former is practically a walk in the park compared to the latter. I think that you and I should form a Men's Liberation movement. We could borrow our anthem from Helen Reddy:

I am man, hear me roar
    In numbers too big to ignore

:)