1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Seasons…

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sanrags, Feb 8, 2013.

1. sanrags

sanrags Bronze IL'ite

Seeing the snow outside, the little brain of mine wanted to dosomething desperately.

Since I don’t know what else to do, the best thing “ To write” :thumbsup

Chennai is the place where you can find only two seasons, summer andlong summer.:)

So rain, cold ,for people in Chennai is jolly ride. Especially forthose who love to drench in the rain.:thumbsup

Back at home when we see the news about the forecast we just haveinformation where it is raining , how many millimeters , how many people wereelectrocuted(Seriously, I have heard this n number of times), which areas areflooded, any relief measures are taken care , blah blah..:spin

But here the situation is different.

Even before the storm is hit, the news channels are instructing peoplehow cautious each one should be.

Especially now, three days before the storm.

Further people are also listening to them, taking care of themselves.

For example, scene at a supermarket.

The minute you step in, you will see such a crowd, we can find that inT Nagar only during festival times.

Each and every individual would be rushing here and there as thoughthere wont be no world tomorrow , buying this and that.

Wow, you should see the trolley it would be overflowing, they buy insuch quantities they can easily survive the next three storm(no kidding here)

The next scene would be the billing side, wow never in my life I waitedhalf an hour to bill for a gallon of milk and fruits,(oh my god)

Extra safety, smiles in their lips, they would pass the message “ Areyou guys are doing ok?” just with a look.

Don’t know how they are so cautious.

Some people are ready to vacate and go to places were there would bemore safe.(This also no kidding).

They are ready to leave towns just like that.

Power stations are taking extra care and are ready to give fullsupport.

The thing is I don’t know if I am indirectly praising the people naturehere but it is good to see being cautious in these situations

Hope to survive this Snowstorm Winter Blizzard J

2. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Well presented, sanrags :)

ur blog, reminds me & exactly sounds like one of those program in news channel.
    hope everyone there out is safe.

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Very true.

During the Sandy storm I was talking with my brother and sister in law who are in New Jersey. She was saying...people stored food for 15 days, super bazars are empty. Later the power went off in many places....food got spoiled and bags and bags of food has been put into garbage. The roadsides from where garbage is picked up is full of food bags. She was commenting..in USA so much of food is thrown, statistics are 40% into garbage. Not only at the time of storms....but normally also. In restaurants they serve big portions...most of it is left away. In school lunches they serve the lunch, the kids eat a little and throw the rest of it in garbage.

4. sanrags

sanrags Bronze IL'ite

Thank u thank u.

5. sanrags

sanrags Bronze IL'ite

Point point point. they pay heavy taxes too on these but waste food too, dont know why

6. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Sanrags. I agree that being forewarned is forearmed. And in developed nations where population is in check with abundance of resources and cash at their disposal, they could do that. Inspite of all that nature has the last laugh at times, proving how small we all are. -rgs

7. sanrags

sanrags Bronze IL'ite

That is true Sir.