1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

seasoning the new iron kadai

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by revathijayagopi, Nov 14, 2007.

1. revathijayagopi

revathijayagopi Gold IL'ite

hello everybody,

recently i bought a iron kadai but don't know how to season it. can anybody give me useful tips to season it and maintain it. heard we get seasoned iron kadai's nowadays. can anybody tell me where we get it in chennai ?

2. divyasarav

divyasarav New IL'ite

Hi

I really do not the traditional way of seasoning an Iron Kadai. But this is what I did when I got a new Iron Tawa. It got seasoned quite very well.

First, wash the Iron vessel well with the help of cleaning liquid and mildly hot water. Wipe it out very well. It should be completely dry. Then, apply vegetable / cooking oil to the vessel liberally. Now keep the empty kadai over the stove in simmer for about an hour. After it cools, you may cut onions and try to fry them till they turn brown in colour with some more extra oil. This way the Iron Kadai will get seasoned well.

Hope this helps you.

3. rs18

rs18 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Try to boil a 1/4 cup of rice in 1/2 litre water . after draining the rice soak the iron kadai with the water overnight this would help the kadai quite well so that u dont feel anything sticking to it while cooking......

4. revathijayagopi

revathijayagopi Gold IL'ite

thanks for the method to season the kadai. i will try it out today.