1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Seashells on the Seashore

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Good Friends!

The last few months were a struggle. I knew it would be hard, but I didn't know how hard "hard" could be. The silver lining though is that the task appears to have been completed at last. I sent the final crc (camera ready copy) of my book to Oxford today and they in turn allowed me a peep into the cover design under preparation. Felt like sharing it with you.

cover.jpg

The "OXFORD" logo shows that the printer's work is not over yet. Besides, the "shutter stock" ghost staring at you from the centre will surely disappear by the time the baby is actually born.​

It doesn't matter if anyone will read the book once it reaches the market. What counts for me most is that I was able to finish the work I had assigned myself, whatever its quality may turn out to be in the eyes of others. And I think I deserve a well-earned vacation. We are off to Puri tomorrow for 2 weeks. We have never been to the seashore during the rainy season. So, we are hoping to discover things new and beautiful. ​

Also, I can now be back here to read and comment again. Will be carrying my laptop with me to Puri. Don't know if the internet will be kind though at Puri. ​

All the best. ​

oj​

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010

Similar Threads
    1. rgsrinivasan
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Chikoo67
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. deepslikes
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ Da

Congratulations on your new book. Enjoy yourself on the Seashore and have a nice holiday

Regards
    viji

3. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

Dear OJ,

Allow me to congratulate you on this accomplishment! I haven't been following the Snippets Forum for a while, so I might have missed some of the talk that's been floating around.

May I say that I sincerely wish you all the success that's rightfully yours? I don't claim to be religious, but when a town has a presiding deity, I can't help but curry favor with The One!

May Lord Jagannath bless you for all the work you have put in!

Enjoy your vacation!

Cheers,

Sowmya

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

That must be quite a big relief OJ da. Very glad to hear that the hardwork is done and thank you very much for sharing the same with us all. A truely deserving holiday at Puri celebrating multiple milestones :). Good wishes with you always and have a wonderful break. Maybe we can expect a Haiku on waves or seashells or dusk or dawn or man with a tea-stall on the shore......

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear OJ,

Congratulations dear friend, for the completion and acceptance of the book, and for the vacation to Puri.Have a great time, and am glad u are back at Snippets.been missing yu a lot.

Regards

kamal

6. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear OJ
    Please accept my congratulations on this singular achievement. Writing a book is no mean achievement and this has been one long unfulfilled desire of mine. I mean not to write a book but to claim a writer who has published a book under an awesome label like Oxford to be a personal friend of mine. Thanks a lot for fulfilling it!

Have a great vacation at Puri. Incidentally I have not written anything new for over three months.
    Sri

7. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kaku.. First of all.. welcome back at snippets.. as you see there are a few f your loyal followers / friends who missed you alot...
    Congrats on the completion of the book...It was a Herculean task you had undertaken and am glad for you that it over...I'm sure it will be a success with all those whose interest lies in economics...
    Have a great vacation in Puri and return with a fresh mind as we are awaiting for new posts from you..
    regards
    K

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Oj-da Sir,

Congratulations Sir!
    Will you post the glimpse of the book in IL Sir?
    I missed you.

Belated B'day wishes to you.(thanks to anukarsha).

And hundred years to you Oj-da sir! just few minutes back in Kamalji 's "world of cars" post I enquired about you.

Enjoy your vacation in puri:cheers

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Oja da,
    My entry to IL, after along time was proved worthy , when I read your post. Congrats on your wonderful achievement !! You deserve it. My heart feels so happy!
    When you sell a man a book you don't sell just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life. Love and friendship and humour and ships at sea by night - there's all heaven and earth in a book, a real book. I do believe that your book is the bee which carries the quickening pollen from one to another mind.Enjoy your vacation. Expecting a poetic post from you about your vacation.
    with love
    pad

10. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear Mr.oj,
    Iam going to tell you something,you may even laugh at me,never mind,let me tell you.
    When I read that you have written a book and sent it to oxford and they have allowed you a peep into the cover,I felt very proud.Why?Because now all of us belong to this BIG family,Il and your achievemnt is everybody's and mine also.For you it may be a routine affair writing books and getting them published but for a simple housewife like me,it is a great achievement.Please do accept my hearty congratulations.
    I wish you happy,peaceful holidays .All the best.
    love
    mithila

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010