1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Searching for good friends in sunnyvale

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by smitha_123, Jan 8, 2009.

1. smitha_123

smitha_123 New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    After spending 2 years of my boring and depressed life in U.S, i have decided to come out of it. I dont have any friends with whom i can talk and share my feelings. I need good friends. So please can anyone tell me how to make one. I live in sunnyvale , CA , close to downtown.
    Thanks.

2. dtmg08

dtmg08 New IL'ite

Hi Smitha,

I would like to be friends with U. My name is Mansi and i stay santa clara with my husband.I too am getting bored here. So if u catch up mail me.

Tc

3. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Smitha, Mansa,

Good to know that you gairls are up for some good friendship and fun.

I am Priya and I live in Sunnyvale too. May be we can try and meet sometime. You can send PM to me and let me know your phone numbers to call and then meet.

Ofcourse life is boring without much activities...I am not working nowadays and hence I have all the time to meet friends once in a while to have some good conversation and some food too, if I am upto.

I live near the Grocery store Wolfe India Bazaar.

Look forward to hearing from you girls,
    GPriya

4. smitha_123

smitha_123 New IL'ite

Hi Mansi and Priya,
    I am very happy to see ur replies. I am staying at home since 2 years i came to U.S. I used to spend time by taking courses in De Anza college, going to libraries, Going to malls and things like that. But Now i feel i need a real good friends group of my own. So guys thanks a lot.
    Priya, i will pm you asap. (after i learn how to).

My Intro,
    I am from Bangalore. Have completed my M.E in Electronics. Staying at home after coming to U.S. I like to listen to music. And love learn embroidery and anything related to crafts.

Sorry for the long boring post.
    Hope to see u both soon.
    Pushpa. (Smitha is my best friends name. I kept it as my username so that i wont ever forget it).

5. smitha_123

smitha_123 New IL'ite

Hi mansi and priya,
    I tried to PM you both. But since i am a new member , i cannot send pm. I try to post as much in these two days to make my messages hit 50 (so then i can try to pm). Till then i will be replying to this thread. Its disappointing. I will try to detail my profile , so that u guys can get to know me better.
    Have a happy weekend u both.
    cya
    Pushpa

6. dtmg08

dtmg08 New IL'ite

Hi Priya n Pushpa,

We all really need to make goods friends here otherwise u feel very lonely. We all shld get to know each other n n meet up sometime so that v can get to know each other better. v cant give our email id or nos here so i guess v have to wait n reach that 50 posts.

I just came here couple of months back stll getting to know this place n getting very bored at home to.

A little abt me, i am bcom graduate from Mumbai like to listen to music n watching movies n reading.rest when v met up.

U guys tc n keep in touch

Mansi

7. smitha_123

smitha_123 New IL'ite

That's a good idea to meet somewhere. Mansi i like ur avtar (Little mickey i guess). Its so cute. I saw 2 hindi movies today - Via Darjeeling (its a crap) and Dasvidaniya (good one).
    Mansi i would suggest u to write a written exam for Driving test, if u have a car. I have like 20-30 set of DMV questions. If u r interested i can forward it to u.
    U know initially when i came here, i use to ask my husband to take me to golden gate bridge. I have visited it like 5 times in a year. That is my most favourite till date bcos that place gives me back those memories (although its just 2 yrs). I would say go and explore outside with ur husband. Find out which is ur favourite.
    I have heard that SFO tour is very good. Google it (if interested) u will find more info.
    Take care mansi.

Priya, i hope u r doing good. Enjoy the weekend. TC.

see u both
    Bye

8. dtmg08

dtmg08 New IL'ite

Hey Pushpa,

How was your weekend?

I have given my dmv test i got the permit n am learning to drive from my husband n soon will take couple of lessons.Do u drive where did u give your test?

I have been to the golden bridge once its a nice place. Tell me other places u have been for suggestions worth seeing.

What do u the whole day at home or u have kids to keep u busy.

Have u seen any of the new movies like Ghajini or Rab na ,did u like it.

Chal will catch u later

Tc

9. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    Pushpa, Mansi..

I was bc during weekend and hence saw IL only today. Its good you all are of the same opinion that we should meet soon.

Well here is a thought. Since you guys can't give out any personal email ids or Phone numbers yet via PM, may be we can plan and meet in sunnyvale temple or in some common place like star bucks or Pete's coffee shop at a specific time. If that sounds ok, let us plan a convenient day and time and meet.. even before you guys can reach 50 posts to communicate via PM:)

Let me know asap.
    Cheers
    GPriya

10. smitha_123

smitha_123 New IL'ite

Oh my weekend was good mansi. How was urs?
    Good luck with ur driving class. I gave mine at the santa clara dmv. I took 4 classes with an instructor (he is popularly known as "Max") and gave behind the wheel test on my 5th class and passed hurray!!. I am driving since 4 months after getting DL.

We went to Lake Tahoe in the last week of December. And i liked it. It will be very good if u go in Jan end. U will love it.

Oh Gazni is a super movie. I saw it in Tamil but i havnt seen the Hindi version of it.
    Have u watched Wall-E. Its a super movie. Its awsome. I loved it.

I do not have kids, so it is very booooo...ring.

Do u have kids mansi. how do u spend ur day. If u leave me i will talk whole day like a chatterbox. My paati (grandmother) used to call me that. Hmm.. thats it for this post. Will eat ur head more in the next post.
    Take care
    see u soon.