Scriptures, Prayers, Saints & Great Teachers related posts -worth sharing

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by cheer, Nov 10, 2006.

1. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

The Two Sides of the Coin of Success

Life’s goals should be based on the Vedic Wisdom, which I adopted in my childhood:
    Satyam Vad : Dharmam Char.
    Speak the Truth and act honestly.

Setting a goal in life is important for everyone. The Mission of my life is: To test the Truth of Divine Wisdom spoken and handed down by tradition by the ancient seers of India:
    ti sushruma dheeraanaam:
    Life is given to explore the Ultimate Reality, whatever it may be; besides learning the skills of survival.

Truth has infinite or millions of dimensions and faces. All dimensions or versions are equally true, in relation to the purpose of life and suiting the need of Time, Mind and Space known in Sanskrit as: Desha – Kaala – Mana. My target was and still is to: Bring Sat-Yuga in daily life. Or Bring Heaven on Earth.

To admit Truthfully, I realized that I could not change the whole world or the lives of people, nor did I wish to. I like the freedom of people who are free to explore the limits of the horizons of Truth for themselves, make their own choices of life and be always prepared to face the consequences of their own actions. The Laws of Karma are eternal Truths. Saint Tulsi pronounced it in beautiful words in Ramayan:
    Vishwa pradhaan karma kari raakhaa.
    Jo jasa chaahiya tas phal chaakha.

In the Bible a sweet phrase expresses the same: “As you sow, so shall you reap”.
    It tells a lot in a few words. Those who wish to experience the beauty of life should cultivate the virtues of Truth, Love, Hard work and Discipline to achieve their Highest Goals of Life.

Sat yuga means the age of truth. A golden age of truth where everyone achieved what he wanted. Truth is my God and Religion. Truth means honesty of a high quality. Where truth reigns, everything is well all the time.

This world is named by the wise as “Karma-Bhoomi”, a world of inter-actions. Without doing, nothing can be achieved. Mind is the motivating energy behind the limbs. Actions follow the dictates of the mind. Truly, where there is a will, there is a way.

My legacy, my message to all is be honest, work hard and love and oblige people as much as you can. Do good, be good, think and speak good all the time. What one can do is a part of human religion. What one can not do, one should forget about.

Everyone is always free to change his/her own life for good. The True message of Yoga is: ‘Improve your self’. That will be the greatest contribution to the world. If all become good, crimes, mistakes, sorrows will be less. Children and youngsters need role models to feel inspired to improve themselves. I have realized that an honest living and action definitely leads one to the golden steps of the Temple of Divine Wisdom.

The world is connected by speech. Communication is an important tool of progress and success. Ninety percent of the problems of the world can be solved by adopting a right frame of mind and a proper way of communication.

Satyam is truth. Vad means to speak. If mind is honest it will always say the right things. Where there is Truthfulness, a fountain of Love flows in. Love has the energy of a volcano. True love generates energy. One can work endlessly without feeling tired.

A really joyful mind knows no limits. The moment mind comes back to ego or self consciousness, one will feel tired. This might have been the reason why a disciple of Lord Christ could walk over the water as long as his mind was focused on God hood and Divinity of Christ. The moment mind returned to his ego consciousness, he went down into the water.

To perform this feat physically is impossible for me, but it gave me a wealth of inspiration. It did inspire and made me aware of the various intricacies of mind’s behavior.

Mind control should be practiced little by little in daily chores of life. Patanjali Yoga Darshan is a book on Mental Science which should be studied and practiced by all intellectuals. If one really or whole-heartedly wants to do something, even God will not stop him or her. The Truth is that God resides in each and every heart in a miniature form. All are children of God.

Differences of words, thoughts, emotions, likes, dislikes and millions of ideas weave the beautiful texture of the world carpet. It is the conflict of ego that is fighting all the time within and without on personal, national and international levels.

God has a wonderful device to keep us all apart and busy. Play with time, mind and space. Ample room granted individually and collectively by Mother Nature or God is a blessing. Life would be boring, if we had nothing to disagree about.

The other side of the coin of sure success is executing thoughts into actions to realize the dreams of life. Life becomes more dynamic if one keeps ones promises made to oneself and to others.
    By:H.H.MAHAMANDALESHWAR MA YOGASHAKTI.

2. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

Choosing a Philosophy for Life

We should seek a good philosophy of life which can stay by our side when we have to face the stresses and strains of life. It will enable us to see the problems of life in a more detached way.

When we study some philosophy, our mind sifts it and. takes in what we like. Our mind will assimilate what suits us. What does not suit us will be thrown out by the mind. If we have a philosophy of life it will help us to avoid conflict in the inner mind.

There are various theories about birth or life on earth. Some think that it is a problem and that we must learn to renounce birth and death. Others think that birth is blessed, that God has sent us here to serve Him and to do His work on earth. A third theory is that birth is caused by desires and karma of past lives.

We must decide for ourselves which philosophy of life we believe in and then be faithful to that. All is God’s energy. The message of Gita is that everything is God’ s and everything is God. Spiritual people stop thinking that everything is theirs. They begin to realize that it is by God’s will that they are here on earth and they must serve His creation as best they can. They realize that all is God’s.

When you stop thinking, ‘it is mine’, there is no stress or strain. When you think, it is yours , you have to undergo both joys and stresses and strain. If it is yours then the joys are yours but the problems are also yours. However, if you think it is not yours but that it is all God’s creation and you are only here to serve Him and realize Him; then although you enjoy and suffer, it is never too much for you.

You are not overwhelmed or drowned in joy or sorrow There maybe problems but they won’t hurt or destroy you.
    When we serve God, we are always with Him. we are with Him in His Name or in His work. We can see Him everywhere in His creation. every tree and river is created by Him. Air is created. by Him. Is it not Him? God is everywhere and we must appreciate this. The moment we learn to change our thinking and beautify our thoughts, there will be beauty and happiness everywhere around us.
    BY:H.H "MAATRI ACHARYA ","MAHAMANDALESHWAR",
    MA YOGASHAKTI SARASWATI

3. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

Bombs Of Joy

Bombs of Joy

Who is God? All beings are a part of God. All people are bodies of God. I see no-one else in this world except Ram and Sita. Feel you are a part of that glory.
    If you don’t have anything to give your children, you will give your vices. You are distributing vices everywhere unless you improve your consciousness. The same energy with which you are making yourself a slave of your addictions can be used for positive ends.

Let energy flow and find its own healthy, happy direction. When you have released some energy with joy, it will carry joy with it. When you release your energy with a bomb of joy or creativity, it will carry further. Wherever you go, throw bombs of joy.
    The story says that Ganges came down from heaven but none except Siva could stand the force of the flow. Due to ego, Ganges was lost in Siva’s hair for a long time. After she prayed, Siva released the water. We have to release the energy of the Soul, which is Ganges, but it has to flow on a foundation of rock.

Electricity creates a magnetic field. You can create a magnetic field, but you have to do it. Nobody else can lend it to you. You have to generate it within you. You are meant to use your energy. -
    Respect your body. If your car is very expensive, don’t you take care of it? Likewise the body is a very valuable instrument and you have to take good care of it.
    Don’t imitate anybody else. See what talents you have and let them grow. When an opportunity is given to you, do not miss it. Golden opportunities come to everybody, but if they are not welcomed they go back.

Spiritual life is like putting wheels to heavy luggage. If life is very heavy and we have a lot of problems, we can put wheels to it with spiritual life. Then everything will run smoothly and the load will be lessened.
    BY H.H. MA YOGASHAKTI.

4. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

Devotion

Devotion

Feel that your heart is full of love. Let your ego be surrendered and humility take its place. Love is the only way to live. We learn to love by loving God. Love God and you will love others also. Love God, love Guru, love your family, your brothers, your sisters, your children, your neighbors. Where there is love, there is no mistake. Where there is love, there is satisfaction. Where there is love, there is knowledge. Fill your heart with love. It is the basis of success, the basis of everything. It is meditation, devotion, beauty.

Pure love is called devotion, bhakti. Without bhakti, every sadhana is a waste of time. Without bhakti, every work is a waste of energy. Whatever you think, think with love. Whatever you do, do with love. Without love, life is a waste, energy is wasted, time is wasted. Where there is love, miracles happen. Where there is love, everything is complete. Where there is love, money, wisdom and prosperity will flow .

Devotion is the basis of everything. Devotion is the highest form of yoga. True love is full of dynamic energy. Other types of energy run out. Where there is love, you can work like ten persons. You can work like giants and never get tired.

Where there is love,, there are no shortcomings. All shortcomings become beauties of life or character. All mistakes become right, if there is love. If we do anything with love, it becomes a form of sadhana, spiritual practice, worship. Anything done without love is waste. It is never accepted by the Lord.

BY.H.H.MA YOGASHAKTI

5. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

In Times of Distress

In Times of Distress

O my dear Beloved.
    In times of distress remember the words and quotes of the pillar personalities of society and the world. Deeds and words of wisdom give strength and uplift the society. They will give you strength to surmount all the obstacles of life.

Scriptures are studied for this reason. The stories in scriptures revolve around a powerful personality. Obstacles are teachers and educators to polish and shine the image of life. Rough edges are smoothed out by the teachings. Dirt of the surface personality is removed. Very few people really understand and implement these secrets of success.

Here is one for you: “Honor others to become young and beautiful.” What a miracle, is it not so my dear? Practice, to see the power and glory waiting to come to you. Make believe will not work.

I offer you a safe ship, for times of distress, to surface navigate the turbulent ocean of the world (bhava sagar - the big ocean of beingness). You will find this beautiful passage in the sixth chapter (Lankaa Kaanda) of Ramacharitamaanasa or Raamaayan written by Saint Tulsidaas in chopaies (verses of two lines) after dohaa (couplet) number 79. I would like you to memorize and sing it with love and full understanding. It refreshes the state of mind. One receives new inspiration to climb high on the steep mountain of success.

Ram was in the battle-field., Though born as a prince he had lost his kingdom in favor of his brother Bharat.. Vibheeshan, a younger brother of his enemy, Ravan, renounced his claim to the throne in order to join the party of Ram.

On seeing his beloved Ram, the incarnation of Lord Vishnu, in a poor plight without any armor to protect him, without a chariot to ride and without an army of soldiers to fight and protect him, Vibheeshana’s strong love and devotion poured out.

Raavanu rathee biratha raghubeeraa | Dékhi vibheeshana bhayau adheeraa ||
    Ravana approached the battlefield riding a grand chariot; Vibheeshan saw his beloved Lord Ram standing on the ground bare-footed, and his heart sank.
    Adhika preeti mana bhaa sandéhaa | Bandi charana kaha sahita sanéhaa ||

Due to overpowering love for his Lord, doubt came to Vibheeshana’s mind. He bowed to the feet of Ram and uttered these words full of love and concern:
    Naath na ratha nahin tana pada traanaa | Kéhi bidhi jitaba beera balavaanaa||

O dear Lord, you have no chariot, no shoes, nor armor to protect your feet and body. How,then, will you conquer the great warrior Ravan?
    Sunahu sakhaa kaha kripaa nidhaanaa | Jéhi jaya hoyi so syandana aanaa ||

Ram, the Lord of love and compassion said: O dear friend listen, the chariot of victory and success needs the following divine things:
    Sauraja dheeraja tehi ratha chaakaa | Satya seela drid dhvajaa pataakaa ||

I have a divine chariot with two special wheels, 1) the wheel of bravery and 2) the wheel of patience. These will bring victory to my door. Also I have a strong, high flag of truthfulness and decent behavior hoisted on my chariot of victory.

Bala bibeka dama parahita ghoré | Chhamaa kripaa samataa raju joré ||
    My divine chariot has four horses: 1) strength of body, 2) a strong mind to make the right decisions at the right time, 3) control of passions and 4) a strong will to help and serve others. These four virtuous horses drive my divine chariot. These horses are guided by the three reins of 1) forgiveness, 2) compassion and 3) equal vision.

Eesha bhajanu saarathee sujaanaa | Virati charma santosha kripaanaa ||
    My chariot-driver is trust and devotional prayers of God containing superb wisdom. The armor to protect my body is 1) desirelessness and 2) the sharp sword of contentment.

Daana parasu budhi sakti prachandaa | Bara bigyaana kathina kodandaa ||
    My axe is known as ‘charity’ and my powerful weapon known as shakti is ‘sharp intelligence’. The staff in my hand to bring victory is ‘supreme scientific knowledge’.
    Amala achala man trona samaanaa | Sama jama niyama silee mukha naanaa ||

A pure unshakeable mind is my strongest bow. A balanced mind, control of senses and powerful self-discipline are the arrows in my quiver
    Kavacha abhéda bipra gura poojaa | Ehi sama bijaya upaaya na doojaa ||

The impenetrable armor to protect my body in the battlefield is my respectful behavior to wise men and my guru (spiritual teacher). I do not see any other weapons stronger than these needed to win in the battle
    Sakhaa dharmamaya asa ratha jaaké | Jeetana kaha na katahu ripu taaké ||

Oh dear friend, for one who has a chariot of virtuous practices of true religion, there exists neither a foe nor a battlefield to be conquered.

Oh Dears, climb up the ladder of these virtues to be the tallest.
    H.H.MA YOGASHAKTI.

6. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

Joyful Living

Joyful Living

The greatest joy in life comes through learning. But knowledge comes only through practice. Empty knowledge is not knowledge. Gyanam (knowledge) is the root cause of happiness, but Gyanam is not borrowed. It comes by experience and practice. Other people can only give you guidance and inspiration.

I always stress that knowledge can be assimilated in a natural way. Learn subconsciously or unconsciously. Assimilate then and there. Do not postpone until tomorrow. Every moment is a golden moment.

You have to be receptive for knowledge. You have to
    be hungry for knowledge. The more you know, the more your hunger will increase. When you have climbed one step, the second is waiting for you.

Other guidelines for living joyfully are to practice Maitree (Friendliness) Mudita (Happiness), Karuna (Compassion) and Upeksha (indifference or non-association with evil). When considering Maitree, always remember to speak that which will be helpful when talking with friends. The voice is a divine manifestation. Speech is a gift from God. The whole world is being run on words, but these must be wise words - words which are full of compassion, friendliness and happiness. Mudita means always feeling happiness for others as well as practicing happiness yourself. Karuna means feeling compassion for all beings. Upeksha means not participating in those things which are not healthy. Do your best to stop evil, but if you cannot stop it, do not associate with it.

While working, take inspiration from Gita Chapter 12 Slok 16:
    don’t expect. Go on working. Go on improving yourself. You can make a big business from small beginnings. Keep yourself pure. Be expert. Keep your mind fully focused on one goal and never be distracted. Whatever you do, do it with joy.

The world is like a vast ocean. God has given you a body to get across. Living joyfully is the only answer. Whatever your Soul has dreamed and wanted to do, fulfill that.
    BY H.H.MA YOGASHAKTI

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Joyful Living

Once again a very nice one from you, Sir!

sriniketan

8. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Joyful Living

hi pammor,

Very nice post. Thanks for posting.

9. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

MAHABHARATA Epitomised

May Lord Shri Krishna ,the Glorious,
    As in the case of Pandavas,the Virtuous,
    Help us all come out Victorious ,