Scriptures, Prayers, Saints & Great Teachers related posts -worth sharing

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by cheer, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Re: deivathin kural in the kamakoti site

Dear Shree
    Thanks so much for sharing thisnews. I have the book only 1 volume i think not in good condition very old but still keep it safely in pooja room for reading. THis will help me a lot. thank you sooo much.

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Re: deivathin kural in the kamakoti site

Hi,
    Thanks for the great info. Will definitely subscribe to it. Though my father has all the 7 volumes I cant bring it to my home to read them. It gives me the opportunity. Thanks again.

3. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

Today's Deivathin Kural!!!

Today's page from Deivathin Kural.

ªîŒõˆF¡ °ó™ (Í¡ø£‹ ð£è‹)
    «ñ£ê® ; «ð£Lˆîù‹
    î¡ «õ¬ô¬ò Þ¡ªù£¼ˆîQì‹ M†´M†´  'áó£Â‚°ˆ ªî£‡´ ªêŒA«ø¡'â¡Á «ð£ù£™ ܶ ðKý£ú‰î£¡, fraud («ñ£ê®) . î£ò£˜, îèŠðù£˜, ú«ý£îó˜, ðˆQ, ¹ˆó˜ Þ¼‰î£™ Üõ˜èœ - ÝAòõ˜èÀ‚°„ ªêŒò «õ‡®ò †Î†®è¬÷„ ªêŒò£ñ™ «ô£èˆ¶‚° àðè£ó‹ ªêŒA«ø¡ â¡ø£™ ܶ 'Uð£‚KR'(«ð£L «õû‹) . ÞŠð®ªò™ô£‹ ð‡EM†´ ð‰¶‚èœ â´ˆ¶‚裆®ù£™ «è£ð‹ õ¼Aø¶, âK„ê™ õ¼Aø¶ â¡ø£™ ð«ó£ðè£óˆî£™ Þõ‚° â‰î ÜHM¼ˆF»‹ ãŸðìM™¬ô â¡Á ܘˆî‹. 'â™ô£K캋 Ü¡ð£J¼‚赋, ñ¶óñ£ŒŠ ðö赋'â¡ð¶î£¡ ªî£‡´ ªêŒAøõ‚° ôþí‹. ªð£¶ˆªî£‡´ â¡ðîŸè£è«õ i†´ ñ¸wò˜èOì‹ Ü¡¹ «ð£Œ, âK‰¶ M¿‰¶ ªè£‡®¼‚Aø£ªù¡ø£™ Þõ¡ ªî£‡´ ªêŒ¶ â¡ù ¹‡ò‹?Þõ‚° â¡ù Cˆî ²ˆF ãŸðì º®»‹?°O‚芫𣌄 «êŸ¬øŠ ÌC‚ªè£œAø ñ£FK ð‡E‚ªè£œ÷‚ Ã죶.î¡ LI«ìû¬ù âõ‹ ⊫𣶋 àíó «õ‡´‹. ñ¸wò󣌊 Hø‰¶M†«ì£‹. Üîù£™  ðô F¸R™ 膴Šð†´î£¡ Aì‚A«ø£‹. ݬêèœ, Ýv¬îèœ ªðK꣌ Þ¼‚èô£‹. ܬõ ï™ôî£è¾‹ Þ¼‚èô£‹. «ô£èˆ¶‚° ï™ô¶ ð‡íµ‹ â¡«ø ݘõI¼‰î£½‹ ïñ‚°‹ ï‹ °´‹ðˆ¶‚°‹ ªêŒ«îò£è «õ‡´‹ â¡ø G˜ð‰î‹ Þ¼Šð¬î à혉¶ Þ‰î †Î†®‚° ý£QJ™ô£ñ™î£¡ «ô£è «ú¬õ ªêŒò «õ‡´‹.
    ''ùŠªðŸø î£ò£˜ A‡EŠH„¬ê â´‚Aø«ð£¶ «è£î£ù‹ ð‡Eù£ù£‹''â¡Á ªê£™õ¶‡´. ºîL™ î¡ °´‹ðˆ¬î‚ èõQ‚è «õ‡´‹. î¡ ªê£‰î‚ 裘òƒè¬÷ å¼è£½‹ HøˆFò£Kì‹ è£†®‚ªè£´‚è«õ Ã죶. ޶ ê£vFó‹. Üõùõ¡ î¡ õvFóˆ¬î ù «î£Œ¶‚ªè£œ÷ «õ‡´‹. 'ìò£˜‚A'J™ (Þó†¬ì ò£†CJ™) ó£ü«è£ðô£„ê£K ªñ†ø£v ŠóRªì¡R‚° Š¬ó‹ IQvìó£è (ÜŠ«ð£¶ ®™LJ™ Š¬ó‹ IQvì˜ Þ™ô£î ŠªóRªì¡RJ™ Hóî£ù ñ‰FKò£è Þ¼‚èŠð†ìõ¬ó Š¬ó‹ IQvì˜ â¡Á ªê£™õ£˜èœ. ÞŠ«ð£¶ HªóRªì¡R¬ò v«ì† â¡Á‹, Þî¡ Š¬ó‹ IQvì¬ó YçŠ IQvì˜ â¡Á‹ ªê£™Aø£˜èœ. ÞŠð® Üõ˜ Š¬ó‹ IQvìó£è) Þ¼‰¶«ð£¶Ãìˆ î¡ ¶E¬òˆ ù «î£Œˆ¶‚ ªè£‡ì£˜. ÞŠð®«ò ðô «ð˜ ªðKò vî£ùˆFL¼‰î«ð£¶Ãìˆ î¡ Ì†ú§‚°ˆ ù ð£Lw «ð£†´‚ªè£‡ì£˜èœ â¡Á ªê£™Aø£˜èœ. ï‹ è£˜òˆ¬î ñ ªêŒ¶ ªè£œAøF«ô ªè÷óõ‚ °¬ø„ê«ô Þ™¬ô. HøˆFò£Kì‹ ÞõŸ¬ø M´õ¶î£¡ ªè÷óõ‚ °¬ø„ê™.  ð«ó£ðè£K â¡Á ªõOJ«ô '«û£'ð‡E‚ªè£‡´ áó£Kì‹ ï™ô «ð˜ õ£ƒA‚ ªè£œõîŸè£è i†´‚è£ó˜èª÷™ô£‹ ïñ‚° ð«ó£ðè£ó‹ ð‡µ‹ð®ò£èˆ î£ö‰¶ «ð£Œ Üõ˜èÀ‚° „óñˆ¬î‚ ªè£´ˆ¶ ô‡íˆ¬î»‹ «ð£‚A‚ ªè£œõ¶ ïñ‚«è  ð‡E‚ªè£œAø ªè÷óõ‚ °¬ø„ê™î£«ù?

How very true I think!!!
    Revathy.

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Do We Need Rituals? From Hindu Dharma

Dear all,

Some time earlier someone questioned about the usefulness of rituals and opined that they are mere showpieces and have no value. I am appending below one article from Kamakoti vani, which is the advice of Paramacharyal for the benefit of all on this topic, which is self-explanatory and which is capable of putting an end to all such loose talks on rituals.

Do We Need Rituals ? From Hindu Dharma​
    Some ask me whether religious functions, puja, etc, are not "mere" rituals. Atmic awareness is an inward experience. As for rituals they are outward actions. The question is how rituals will help in experiencing the Self.
    Rituals are indeed not necessary for one who has realised the Self. But we must put the question to ourselves whether we have truly realised It, whether we are mature enough for realisation, whether we have become inwardly pure. Were we honest we would admit that we are far from having become mature for awareness of the Self. By taking many births, by performing many works and by the vasana of previous lives, we have concealed the bliss of knowing the Self. By conducting good rites, and by associating ourselves with noble objects, we have to banish the evil habits sticking to us from our past lives. Then there will be an end to karma itself and we will embark on Atmic inquiry. Until then we have to perform what are called "mere" rituals.
    The proper thing for ordinary people is to conduct all the rites mentioned in the sastras. The benefits obtained from them may be seen in practice. When a person takes care to go through the rites strictly in the manner prescribed in the canonical texts, he will gain one-pointedness of mind. This should be of immense help to him in contemplating the Self later. And the desire to follow the sastras in all aspects of life will mean that he will be brought under a certain discipline. When we conduct rites according to the sastras our determination and will power will be strengthened. Since we subordinate our views to the injunctions of the scriptures, we will cultivate the qualities of humility and simplicity.
    So what do we gain by performing "mere" rituals? We will acquire one-pointedness of mind, discipline, non-attachment, will power, humility. On the whole it will help us to live a moral life. Without moral conduct there can never be Atmic inquiry and Atmic experience.
    The Buddha did not prescribe any Vedic rites. But he too laid stress on morality and discipline. The Pancasila that Nehru often spoke about is of the utmost importance to the Buddhists. The Buddha points to the value of morality without the performance of Vedic rites. What about the Purvamimamsakas? They believe that Vedic rites are of the utmost importance and that is no need to worry about God. In our sanatana dharma, however, there is a weaving together of rites, the good conduct and discipline arising out of them, devotion to Isvara and finally knowledge of the Self.
    Morality does not arise by itself. If you want milk you must keep a cow. If you keep a cow you will get not only milk but also cow dung. Then there will come up a haystack. When you keep the cow called karma you will not only derive not only morality and good conduct from it but also something that you feel is not wanted, that is cow dung. When you keep a cow must keep the place free from cow dung - that is a part of commonsense or wisdom. It is in this manner that you must obtain the real benefits from religious rites.
    If rituals are not necessary for true Atmic knowledge, even the murti called Isvara is not necessary for the same. But we can dispense with rituals and Isvara only when we reach a high plane of knowledge. At first Isvara is very much necessary for our inward journey and there are so many reasons for it. I will tell you one. We need an entity that exemplifies all that is good. Have we not for ages together thought of Isvara as such a one, one who represents all virtues and all auspicious qualities. When we mention the word "Isvara" we at once think of him as one without any evil. If anything or anyone combines beauty, compassion, power and enlightenment to the full it must be Isvara. It is a psychological principle that we become that which we keep thinking of. By meditating on Isvara's manifold auspicious qualities our own undesirable qualities will give place to good ones.
    There are many benefits that flow from rituals, puja, etc. One of them is that they help to make us good. They are also of value in taking us to the path of workless yoga and the inward quest.
    Hari Om Tat Sat[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

5. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

Devotion!!!

In Mahabharata there were definite rules of fighting. Fighting was halted as soon as the sunset and dusk arrived and it was resumed the next day anew. In the evening when Arjun’s chariot returned to the camp, Shri Krishna alighted from his seat before Arjun as a rule, since Shri Krishna was the driver of the chariot. On the last day, when Pandavas had become victorious and the war ended, Shri Krishna acted quite opposite and asked Arjun to leave the chariot first. Though surprised at this breach of discipline, Arjun obeyed recalling his friend’s wisdom.

After Arjun had left the chariot, Shri Krishna too alighted, and as soon as he did, the chariot was reduced to ashes by instant fire. Now Arjun realised why he had been asked to leave the chariot first. He would have been burnt along with the chariot had not
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place>Krishna</st1:place> alighted before him. The truth is that this body forms a chariot for the soul as <st1:place>Krishna</st1:place>. It is burnt to ashes as soon as <st1:place>Krishna</st1:place>
    (Soul) leaves it. The Lord has sent us to this Dharma Kshetra (World of Duty) as Arjun and He is with us all the time. He will not take up arms while inspiring us so that we do not lay down ours. He will encourage and guide us as He pushed Arjun up saying,

Tasmaaduttishtha kaunteya yuddhaayakritanishchayah

(Therefore, O Arjun, get up with a resolution to fight.)

He encouraged him and promised to remain with him throughout. The Lord is with us always. On the other hand if one thinks that He will work for him, one shall spread inaction only.

There are two kinds of believers in God. There is one, who believes that God is for him. Without acting himself, he keeps performing rites of worship and praying to God to fulfil his desires, He is spreading inaction. On the other hand, the second, believing that God is with him, does not become passive and retains enthusiasm in life.

Just as a thief does not steal when he feels the presence of the police nearby, one shall not act sinfully if one believes in the presence of God. Also, feeling the presence of the Almighty, one does not lose heart in facing difficulties.

This feeling of His presence is necessary even in meditation. Regularity and time are secondary for meditation while devotion is the primary necessity. If one is not devoted to God one can not feel His presence in meditation. The thoughts of other objects in which one is interested will keep recurring during meditation. It is thus necessary to be devoted to God under all circumstances feeling Him with us so that we keep on treading the right path.

Happy Reading!!!!
    Revathy.

6. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

Kaikeyi's Sacrifice!

As quoted by pujya sri Ramesh Bhai Oza

Kaikeyee – Ram’s most respected mother

In this beautiful excerpt from Ram Katha Pujya Bhaishri brings forward Kaikeyee’s great sacrifice, which transformed Ram into King Ram.

Gianashaktishcha Kaushalya Sumitropasnatmika
    Kriyashaktishch Kaikeyee Vedo Dashratho Nripah

(King Dashratha represents Veda while his queens Kaushalya, Sumitra and Kaikeyee represent the three powers of Knowledge, Devotion and Action respectively.)

Kaikeyee is the power of action and we find that in Ayodhyakand her role brings bad accusations to her. This suggests that any action however good does attract accusations. Even if your good actions are supported by 95% of the viewers, the remaining 5% do point out the shortcomings.

Let us examine the most condemned action of Kaikeyee in sending Ram to the forests through her demand of two overdue boons. In doing this, Ram was sent nearer to the aboriginals and backward classes like Kol, Kirat, Nishad and Bhil, etc. who were living in the forests. They could never think of visiting Ayodhya or meeting Ram. How could Ram reach Shabri, if he were not sent to the forests? The learned thinkers on Ramayana say that King Ram of Ram Rajya was given by Kaikeyee, while Kaushalya gave birth to Ram the successor of Raghu.

While Ram’s life before going to the forests is a source of joy for the devotees, all action thereafter is meant for the benefit of humanity at large. Ram becomes an ideal for the universe in his activities after being sent in exile. The importance of Kaikeyee’s action is amply proved by Ram’s respectful acceptance of her instructions. He has addressed Kaikeyee as Janani thrice in his expression of agreement with her.

Sunu janani soi sut badbhagi, Jo pitu matu vachan anuragi
    Tanya matu pitu toshanhara, Durlabh janani sakal sansara

(Listen, O mother, only such a son is lucky as loves the words of his father and mother. A son who satisfies his parents is rare in the world.)

Munigan milanu viseshi ban sab hi bhanti hit mor,
    Tehi mahan pitu ayasu bahuri sammat janani tor

(It is all for my benefit. I shall meet learned saints in the natural forest settings. Also these are my father’s orders having your consent as well.)

In realty, Kaikeyee is not Ram’s Janani because she has not given birth to him. Still Ram addresses her so, thus only to establish the fact that a new Ram is born out of that action of hers. She gives birth to the King Ram. How could she give birth without the pain of creation that a mother must bear? She has undergone the agony in the form of widowhood, hatred from her own son and universal scorn heaped onto her. It is her sacrifice that exalts Ram’s character to the heights where he becomes an ideal for the world.

A learned saint has rightly remarked,” You have to look at Kaikeyee through Ram’s eyes. She may look bad in your views but she becomes worthy of worship if Ram’s views are followed.” When Bharata goes to meet Ram at Chitrakoot, Ram greets Kaikeyee first, in all the mothers and this respect is repeated when He returns to Ayodhya after fourteen years of exile. This is not Ram’s magnanimity only, Kaikeyee has deserved it.

Kaikeyee gives us a devoted brother in Bharata. She is a wise and brave woman who goes to the battlefield not only as a passive partner but she saves Dashratha by the quick decision to insert her arm in place of the wheel axel when the chariot was going to meet a disaster. This bravery and quick decision earns a pair of boons from her husband and she asks for the fulfilment of the promises not for her personal benefit alone. She uses the opportunity for universal welfare.

She has given up everything for the great purpose of public benefit and bears widowhood, sorrow and hatred forever thereafter. It is after the episode of exile that Ram becomes the benefactor of humanity by annihilating bad elements to set the world free from fear. In the exile lies the seed of Ram Rajya. Again, who knows of the depth of Bharat’s devotion to Ram prior to the banishment? It is noticed and manifested only when Bharat comes to know of the happenings leading to his father’s demise and Ram going to the forests.

Tulsidasji compares this happening of Ram’s exile with the churning of the ocean by Deva’s and Asura’s as mentioned in the 8th chapter of Shrimad Bhagavat Puran. He says that just like the hidden nectar is produced by the churning of the ocean, so is the nectar of Bharat’s devotion to Ram brought out for us to feel and behold. When someone asked Tulsidasji, "The ocean churning produced poison before the nectar. What is the like of that produced by Ram Vanvas?" His reply was, "Death of Dashratha was the poison produced by the churning through these two boons and it came before the nectar of devotion. To compare further, Lord Shankar held that poison produced by ocean-churning in his throat; but here Kaikeyee drank the poison of the King’s death and lived like a corpse thereafter."

Kaikeyee is a living corpse after sending Ram to exile. Hated and shunned by her son, and scorned by the whole society, she assigns herself to a corner of her abode for fourteen years where after she is resurrected by Ram’s return to establish the legendary Ram Rajya. Ram pays respects to her sacrifice not in vain. People may hate her even today because every action invites negative criticism as well.

Let us respect Kaikeyee, therefore, as Ram’s most respected mother whose sacrifice gave us the exemplary devotion of Bharat and the unique Ram Rajya.

Jai Sri Ram!!
    Revathy.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

The Essence Of The Vilva Leaf

The essence of the Vilva leaf

To the Great Lord Trimurthi
    I see your reflection in my hand

I see your three eyes shine bright
    I see the knowledge of life unfold

I see the trident of Love
    Pierce my heart and kill my ego

I seek this moment to be with you

Your picture in my mind I hold

As I witness you dance within

A great hall of gold

The beats that echo within my walls
    The world I do not know any more
    I come with a simple offering my Lord

To Your heavenly abode.

The golden leaf inscribed

Your seed syllables of life

Hang down within my chamber

Ignite within my soul

The Lord resides for ever

Within my heart of gold

Gold Vilva cover my soul

Oh Lord, take me home.

Bilva patra, or vilva leaves otherwise known as the Bel leaf is the most sacred offering to Lord Shiva. Its a herb with very
    high medicinal value. The vilva leaf has found its presence across the various Puranas and has played an important role in various mythologies.

Quoted from a few web sources:

In the Agni Purana it is believed that on any auspicious day in Bhadra, it is considered very sacred to worship Lord Shiva
    with a day long fast and have vilva leaves to eat at night.
    In the Padma Purana and the Brahma Purana it is believed that Shiva once hid from asuras by covering Himself with vilva
    leaves.
    In the Skanda Purana it is believed that this plant grew out of the perspiration from Parvati when it trickled to the ground
    while she was in penance worshipping Lord Shiva. It is also believed that the various incarnations of Parvati reside on different parts of the vilva tree.
    Another Purana relates that Lakshmi used to pray to Lord Shiva everyday by offering Him lotus buds. On one such day, during
    her worship she fell short of two buds. Reflecting that Lord Vishnu had once compared the beauty of her breasts with a lotus, she humbly offered one of her breasts to the Lord during her worship. When she was about to offer the second by cutting it off, Lord Shiva moved by her devotion appeared before her and stopped her. He made her cut breast the fruit of the vilva tree.
    In the Bhavishya Purana it is believed that during the Samudra Manthan, after the poison had oozed out and Lord Shiva
    swallowed it save the world, Goddess Lakshmi rose out of the sea. She carried in a gold pot the sacred seeds of the vilva tree associated with Lord Shiva.
    (Please note - the details above may not be authentic)

The vilva leaf in essence is the very Lord Himself in the form of Lord Trayambakeshwar, whose third eye reveals to us the
    truth of life an existence. The vilva leaf is a reflection of the Lord's eyes, bringing alive the presence of Agni, Surya and Chandra each of whom are a representation of each leaf of the Vilva offering made to the Lord. Therefore the offering of vilva to the Lord is always a sets of 3.

The vilva leaf finds its divine presence in the Golden hall at Chidambaram where it hangs down to reveal the presence of the
    Akasha Linga. It is a beautiful delicate gold curtain of vilva leaves strung together with the Lord's beeja inscribed in it. The offering of the vilva patra when offered to the Lord grants the removal of sin committed over three janmas or births.

Last but not the least, the Loknath Shiv temple at Puri, was installed by Lord Ram and has a Shiva Linga that is constantly
    under water. During the Saranti Samobar Mela held during Shivrathri the upper part of the main Shiva Linga is known to emit steam which symbolizes the Holy river Ganges, thereby revealing the Linga. This Linga is worshiped with flowers, a mixture of herbs and sandal paste, all of which are offered during abhishekam and they remain in the water that surrounds this Linga. The result is spectacular as this watery mixture tends to have a different "fragrance" with the offerings poured in and is believed to have a very high medicinal value and contains the essence of the Lord. This is considered to be the prasad of the temple and is called Bilva Patra.
    brought to u by sunkan

8. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

Joy is Your Birthright

Know that God is Aanand - joy. By loving~ remembering and worshipping God, we establish a connection between us and God. God is like a reservoir of joy. He is like the water reservoir which supplies the city. He supplies us with bliss, happiness, knowledge, power and understanding. When we pray, we open a line of communication with God.
    God is eternal Power which never gets exhausted. God is always whole. God creates roses and thorns. God has created everything and everything is perfect Learn to rejoice in everything because God is a body of light. God is a body of joy. Have loving reverence for everything that exists.
    God’s energy in me makes me see the differences, and when I see - I enjoy. There are so many varieties of flowers: roses, periwinkles, lilies, marigolds. How many varieties God has made. The more I see, the more I am amazed.
    We are born in different lands and different cultures. Without differences, we cannot survive because world is interaction. If we learn how to interact, we will enjoy. If we become closed, frozen, then we will not improve. If you look back at history, people have learned from each other and that enlightens them.
    Life is beautiful, if we make our mind beautiful. If your mind is beautiful, your place will reflect it. Your body will reflect it A home is a reflection of a person’s mind. If you think beautifully, you do beautiful things. When you have manifested your love through your actions, through your speech, through your eyes, through your gestures, then everything becomes beautiful.
    By H.H.MA YOGA SHAKTI.

9. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

Know Thyself

Why are people unhappy? They are always looking to others for their happiness. It is not the responsibility of other people to make you happy. You have to look within yourself. Nobody belongs to anyone in this world. Wife doesn’t belong to husband. Husband doesn’t belong to wife. Children don’t belong to parents. You’ll be the happiest person when you don’t depend for your happiness on others. Rather, be beautiful so that everybody will draw inspiration from you. Be like a rose or a flower so that anybody who comes into your company will become very happy.
    Whatever you need outside has to be seated inside first. The first workshop is within your own self, within your own heart.

It is essential for everyone to reserve some time during the day for the Self, for God, where no wife, children or husband can enter. If for ten or fifteen minutes a day you can go within yourself, come near God and come near your higher self, then when you come out you will see that wife is beautiful, children are beautiful, husband is beautiful, world is beautiful, nothing is going wrong, everything is going smoothly in the world. But this has to come from within. This is your practice in the morning. This is the time to learn to know yourself. Ask yourself, ”Who am I ? What am I? What is the real purpose of life?”

A new day, a new life begins in the morning. Morning is filled with divine influence and fragrance. Sit very quietly in the morning feeling that God is everywhere, in everything, in every moment. When we turn our attention towards God, it is known as meditation.
    Breathe in with a feeling that this breath is a gift from God. It is a divine gift that we are alive, that we are human. Feel that breath is blessed by God. Feel that every breath is precious. Nothing is more precious than the breath in this world. Offer this most precious thing to God. One breath is one step in life. With this life remember God. The most valuable thing in this world is your breath, your life.

We remember our past too much sometimes. All the time we carry the load of the past. It is alright to carry with us the beauties from the past, but if we carry the unhappy load, it will make our backs heavy. It will make our lives heavy. It will make our minds heavy. Thus we have to be selective.

God has given us mind, intelligence, memory, life and energy as our faithful servants who are always willing to serve us. We have to use them to make our life beautiful. A gardener weeds Cut certain plants from his garden. We have to weed out and discard unhappy and sorrowful memories.

Everybody is full of expectations. When we are unhappy, it is because we expect too much. Why should we expect? Leave it. Don’t expect. When we drop our expectations, we are the happiest people in the world.
    BY MAHAMANDALESWAR MAYOGASHAKTI

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Know Thyself

Very nice one brought by you explaining the importance of breath, what is meditation, how the burden of the past affects us and also about how not to have expectations to be happy.
    Even if we practice one of these, sure we will know ourselves and the purpose of this life.

sriniketan