1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Scribblings of a septuagenarian- Happy Akshaya Tritiyai!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, May 6, 2011.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Happy Akshaya Tritiyai!​
    Dear all,

How many of you purchased gold on this auspicious day?

The word Akshaya imperishable or eternal- means that which never diminishes. Akshaya Tritiyai is deemed to be an auspicious day and it is believed new ventures started on this day grow successfully.

There are many stories relating to Akshaya Tritiyai.
    Veda Vyasa started writing the epic Mahabharath on this day with the help of Lord Ganesha.

The river Ganges brought to this world by Bhagiratha on this day for the salvation of his ancestors.

During pandava’s vanavasa time Lord Krishna gave the Akshaya patram to Draupathi on this day is another story.

Sudhama-Krishna’s gurukulavasa friend went to meet him on this day as for his wife’s request and when he returned home his house was transformed into a palace by Lord Krishna’s grace!

The learning process for children which is known as Aksharabyasam is performed on this day.

But the new trend of buying gold on this day and people going on a mad rush to jewelers is quite amusing. During our younger days we never heard of this.

Only it started a few years back by some ingenious jewelers to promote sales.

Happy Gold buying to all on this auspicious day!

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Dear Ma,

Very truly said ma. My sincere opinion is due to increase in the gold price whenever i have money and have mind to purchase that day is Akshaya tritiyai. Now only these concepts started occupying people mind .

3. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai ma,

very truly said. Now only these concepts popped up like anything and people are keen on buying gold on this day.
    I have not heard in my young age for the past 10 yrs only these trends have developed.

4. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

> How many of you purchased gold on this auspicious day?

I have always felt that an earring or two would improve my looks :) Maybe I should by them today :)

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Puspha mam, well i did not buy any gold.

i wish there was akshaya of happiness and peace to all mankind. we definitely need it.

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sreemathi,
    Thanks for dropping in and posting the first fb.
    I too believe the day I buy gold is Akashaya Tritiyai. Those who are having girl child are forced to buy gold ornaments to give as sridhanam during the marriage. It doesn't mean that those who have only boys do not have to buy gold. They also prefer to give gold jewel to their would be dil, but not as much as from the girl's side. Gold is also purchased as an investment. On the whole the yellow metal does has a charm and even the sky rocketing price does not make people deter from buying gold.
    Love,
    PS

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear sojourner,
    As being handsome I do not think you need any jewel to enhance your looks. Of course a dazzling bracelet , a diamond Kadukkan and a navarathna ring will definitely attract peoples' attention. But beware of thieves!
    So what did you buy on Akshaya Tritiyai?
    Love,
    PS

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Shanthi,
    It seems you also do not believe in this superstition like me.
    I appreciate your good thoughts on this auspicious day!
    Love,
    PS

Thathasthu!

9. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

> a diamond Kadukkan

This seems like a swell idea. This is what I am going to ask my wife for the next Valentine's day :)

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Why do you have to wait so long till next Feb? Tell your wife to buy it for your birthday or for your wedding anniversary which ever falls earlier.