1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Screen / Textile Printing Classes In Bangalore

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by saheli3, Nov 22, 2012.

1. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Archanah Academy of Chennai, are conducting classes on Textile / Screen Printing for 2 days in Bangalore on 27th and 28th of November. The Classes are held in Malleshwaram from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on both days. We need to carry book, pencil and lunch. Other materials will be provided by them. The fees is 2000Rs. Those interested can come on that day, pay the fees and attend the classes.

Details available in

Archanah

2. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Could you please give me the address?

3. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

The address is
    Sri Gaja Lakshmi Mahal Kalyana Mandapa #309, 8th Cross, Sampige Road, Malleswaram, Near: Asha Sweet. Bangalore- 560 003.

044-64554 131, 044-42134 131, 044-43039 131, 9677054 131

Are you planning to attend? I called up the academy today and they said it would be from 10 to 4 pm. I will be attending the classes. Have to travel very far though :(

4. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Re: My First Trial of Screen / Textile Printing on a Sari

Hi,

This is the first trial of my screen printing on a cotton sari. Just printed the design along the border of the plain sari. The picture quality is not clear from my mobile. Will post better ones later.

IMG00196-20121210-1604.jpg IMG00197-20121210-1604.jpg IMG00198-20121210-1605.jpg

5. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,
    How was the class?I could not leave home for such a long hour and attend the class.I was also very eager to attend and it was very near to my place.Did they sell the materials there?Is it possible to write the tutorial?

6. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hello Vani,
    The class was good and interesting. The classes are conducted regularly every month in the same venue for the last 4-5 months. This month it is being held on 21, 22 december. You can try attending if possible.

On the second day during the lunch break they display all the varieties of screens and you can choose what ever you want. Later in the evening the older batch students come to buy the materials. SO they give preference to the current batch students first. Other materials are sold as a kit. The billing is done at the end of the day and will take a longer time depending on the crowd.

There is no separate tutorial. We have to write down when they are teaching. Its more a practical teaching; so physical presence in the class makes a difference.

Hope this helps you.

7. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.Glad you enjoyed the class.

8. arunasairam

arunasairam Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saheli , Thanks for sharing the pics and details .. What is the price range like ? for the Screens that they sell ..

9. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

The price of the screens start from 100 Rs. It varies depending on the size and type of the designs. It ranges from 100 - 400 Rs. Some screens have 4-5 individual designs in a single unit.

10. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Wow, it's great, Sunitha. You are such an active and cheerful person that I would like to see you as an enterpreneur. Or, are you already one?

Good luck.