1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Science on Madisar saree

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Vimmala, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

The ladies didn't wear Panties!
    Yes because they were made with nylon, and artificial material. That will affect out skin in private parts and give itching and scratch will prove small boils.
    Our South Indian clamate is so hot and hence we prefer not to wear panties.

2. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

If any one Coming to Chennai and need my assistance in Madisar wearing I will teach them, If they prefer panties let them wear or wish not wear I have no problem.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hello LakNar,
    There used to be lots of miscarriages etc. during old times? If you have granny ask her, 90 % of women those days lost at least 1 baby. There were losts of miscarriages and women losing child after child. people with the names Kuppan, Pitchai and the like would be children born after many such miscarriages. My cousin's mil has 8 sons and 6 daughters and even she had lost a child. My mil had had many miscarriages and also one of her babies' died , then she took medical help amd 2 sons were born after 17 years of the first one. There used to be lots of delivery deaths and we could see many second wives in most families.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2008
  4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Vimmala,
    there was this old lady tenant in my house who had told me that in her family, girls were taught to wear the madisaar before they got married. This has been going on for many generations. They would be trained well, it seems. She also told me that there is a specific name for each drape of the madisaar.
    One funny incident- I attended a wedding in Palghat sometime back. A beautician had come to dress up the bride. But the bride's mother took much time to get ready. The elder daughter draped the madisaar for her mother, don't be shocked, after 6 wrong turns. This beautician was saying that she could have used this chance to learn tie the madisaar (she was a Mallu). I was dumb stuck at that lady's ignorance, she is a granny already.
    Our traditional saree is one with kacham in the inside and the pallu draped on the left itself. I learned to wear ti well and wear that way during Pooja, shrardam etc.

5. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

It is true that During Navarathri Festivals, when we were kid, they use to fancy us with Madisar, which we learn and it continues. Now a days ladies prefer to wear nightys a gown and prefer that too without any inner garments. I will continue after power resumes in my house.
    There is the generational gap, and present teens prefers to wear Half sarees, reason, The chudidars are very much transparent showing their inner garments.

It is the south Indian Culture!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  6. LakNar

LakNar Senior IL'ite

Dear Varloo

I am in support of madisaar science and thats what I was mentioning about.

Lakshmi

7. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vimmala,

It is a very nice and useful thread yaar. Thnaks for starting it.
    Yes as you said it is a very beautiful dress and while wearing it you will feel comfort like chudidar because of the 'kacham' and also you can do your work easily. Not like our normal saree, we have to put our 'kusuvam' inside when you work with 6 yards saree. When you wear 9 yards saree it will be easy to servefood to 'vadhyar' on 'shardam days'., to carry water etc., And also you will look beautiful in that saree.

:hatsoff to them who found this.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  8. konkana

konkana New IL'ite

But how does it look like, can anyone post a picture, i have never seen that type of saree

9. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Well any one visiting Chennai, and wish to learn or take few snaps, may please give a pm to me and they can visit my house. I will teach them.

10. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

It is not good to let the body's natural clock hold back on hunger or thirst. Although I belong to the Brahmin community, I am not in favor of Madisaar for myself.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008