Science behind cultural “why”s - Part 2

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear SV,
    Thanks for coming here.
    Yes, the information about wiping the back was new to me also & quite interesting!!

Please do not bother about the day for oil bath so long as you follow it for health reasons atleast without pooh-poohing it!!
    Infact, I have oil bath only after making sure that my maid will be there to clean the bathroom after "my ritual" ! :biggrin2:
    Please go to
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/functions-festivals-rituals/15207-why-do-we-celebrate-deepavali.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/temples-and-deities/2940-index-puja-format.html

Deepavali Puja - Part 1
    Deepavali Puja - Part 2

Love,
    C

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

3. Chitvish

Friends,
    My amma s critically ill and I am rushing to Madurai today. I will be off line and may not post this series till I come back to Chennai.
    Once I am back, I will reply your FBs.
    Love,
    C.

4. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Chitra Ma'am,

Wishing your mother a Speedy recovery. Take care of yourself too.
    Hoping to see you soon.

BTW very nice informative post. Looking forward for more.

5. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Aunty,
    I am suffering from cough since some time. I have been told to have oil bath, which I will do sincerely. But are there anything else I can do?

Thanks
    Raji

6. Chitvish

Raji,
    after the oil bhath, dry yor hair thoroughly.
    Besides try this - as soon as you lie down to sleep at night, apply vicks vaporub under both feet, put on socks & sleep. This was given by Anushiv 3-4 yrs back That helps a lot for me!!
    Search for her threads.
    Love,
    C

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra ma'am
    It is my goal to read atleast one information posted by you every day.
    This information on oil-bath is so timely now that winter has set with vigour. The air is dry and with heating inside the buildings the skin is getting drier. So I always have the problem of static elctricity. Since I re-started the oil-bath ritual every Saturday since Deepavali (the only reason I avoided is the bath-tub cleaning-lazy me) the static problem has gone.
    Another reason my father told long ago is that oil dissolves the oil-soluble dirt that we accumulate every day-so it really is a thorough cleaning!
    Interesting to read about drying the back first after a bath. I always do that becasue I feel warmer but never gave it more thought.

8. Chitvish

Dear Kamala,
    I feel honoured as though you have put me on a pedestal!!:bowdown
    Your father cannot be more right. Oil bath gives a soft, silky clean feeling, I always feel.
    Ayyo,washing a bath tub after an oil bath will take away the pleasure of indulging after oil bath
    Honestly, the only criterion for me to have an oil bath, is the presence (read it 'no leave') of the maid to clean the bathroom!
    Thanks & love,
    C