Schools in/near Tambaram

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by ajaya, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Geethamouli

Geethamouli New IL'ite

hi all,

I m planning to put my child in Sreevatsava vivekananda vidyalaya. Could anyone please give me the details reg the admission procedure and facilities available in this school.

Since i m residing nearby to chitlapakkam, i have selected this school.

Do anyone know the standards of "Sankara Vidyalaya , Tambaram "

thanks
    geetha

2. jinnyraghu

jinnyraghu New IL'ite

School in and around Tambaram

hi,
    i read one of your mails and got to know about a school named srivatsa vivekananda vidhyalaya-chitlapakkam. i'm looking for a good Cbse School in and around tambaram. Could you please help me in some more information about the above mentioned school.
    waiting for your reply.
    Yours,
    Jinny

3. NishkalaS

NishkalaS Junior IL'ite

Re: School in and around Tambaram

Hi,
    I'm not very sure of the Vivekananda school..but the other CBSE schools you can try out are1. Kendriya Vidyalaya in Rajakilpakkam 2. KV in air force station , East Tambaram 3. DAV in Velachery.. They have their own websites too.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  4. ajaishsehgal

ajaishsehgal New IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Am shifting to Chennai from Delhi in April in fact am in Chennai whole next week pl guide me on CBSE schools near Tambaram even 5-10 kms away from this place would also do. Its urgent if some one as am reaching Chennai tomorrow noon to share this info it would be great help.

regards
    Ajaish
    Delhi

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ajais

welcome to this forum.

we have discussed almost all the schools in this thread.

are you a govt. employee shifting . what classes are you seeking admission for

6. prishen

prishen Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,
    Good Morning. We are planning to come back to Chennai in late June or early July. I am looking for admission for my daughter for LKG. She would be turning 4 this June. We might be staying near the camp road Junction in Selaiyur. Last time I saw a school called Sankara Vidyalaya near to that place.. How good is that school. Is it a CBSE? Also, we might (chances less though) come back to US again in may be 2 to 3 yrs. So I am looking for a school with good importance to English too.
    Please suggest me some good schools in around the camp road junction area.

Please don't mistake me for this asking this.. These days how good are the restrooms/ toilets in the school in India. Will they have the western type of toilets..(I am sure my daughter can manage with either but just want to know.).

Thanks,
    Priya
    [​IMG]

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Priya,

Rest rooms, are as neat as the school maintains. i don't think western toilets are there in schools.

sankara, vivekananda and sundaravalli memorial trust schools if cbse. I have a distant relative whom i met recently and her kid goes to sankara and she says it is good.though she is a localite and has no great expectations on the schoo.

sundaravalli follows montesorri style for kg and kg 2. I know some friends of friends who are happy with sundaravalli.

you also have zion and boaz school. which should be more near to selaiyur.

you have a good earth school (on the kfi style) and is icse school and latamurali's son goes to this school and she is happy about the school.

your dd should be able to adjust very well. it is all in our mind. all the best

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  8. prishen

prishen Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Thank You very much for the information. I would try to get info about the schools you have mentioned.

Regarding rest rooms -- as you said the kids would adjust very well to any situation. its just we the mothers are little bit over thinking..

I think Good Earth school is little bit far from selaiyur. Do you we have bus facilities even for LKG students to Selaiyur. LKG have classes till Noon ..is that right??

Is there any Day care available near the these schools that also provide after school day care for the school going kids. I have a baby who would be turning 1 this May and I want to put her in a day care and so looking for a day care cum after school day care near her school to leave both the kids at the same day care. I am also thinking of Nanny option too if day care option doesn't work out.

Thanks,
    Priya

9. poorni satheesh

poorni satheesh Bronze IL'ite

Hi Priya,

I studied in Sankara Vidhyalaya East Tambaram from LKG to 12th Standard.It is a matriculation school and the standard is good.I finished my 12th in 2001.It was very good at that time but not sure about it now.But my cousin is studying now in ZION Matriculation .Standard is excellent but they are very very strict.Hope i have given u some information.Fell free to ask your doubts.:)

Regards,
    Poorni

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  10. prishen

prishen Bronze IL'ite

Poorni,
    Thank You for the info. I am actually looking for a CBSE school near to camp road junction but i am also not sure if that matters (Matric or CBSE) at LKG level. How is Sankara.. i mean.. would they give importance to extra curricular activities also? what is the admission procedure? We are planning by the mid of june. So, I am worried that schools would have started by that time.

Thanks,
    Priya