Schools in/near Tambaram

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by ajaya, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Schools in or near Tambaram

Dear bagy,

I can understand your position. I was in the same last year. everytime a friend called the talk was about schools. Ultimately they stopped calling me for some time..... but lot of people gave lot of opinions. i already had a place to stay but again had an option of going to SBOA also, there was dilemma again with hair racking sessions at home . Since I had a kid who had taken a different language than what was offered. (Normally 9th-10th most of the schools accomodate french.). So this is how i started doing.

First since my daughter was going to 7th. i could not take a chance on the new upcoming schools and if they were accomodative they did not have 7th this academic year. My son was going to 4th he did not have any problem.

So had to zero on schools which have french.if u are thinking on cbse, the options are very low. even matriculation i think it is offered only in 9,10 i suppose. lot of schools told me they can make my daughter learn sanskrit with extra tutions. but we did not want to do anything that would make her lose her comfort zone. we talked to our children about how the enviromental, facilities, other things, (used to travel in ac buses and all) will change once back in chennai. There was a time when my daughter was so adjusting that she was willing to learn sanskrit seeing the struggle we were in. (We just did not want to put her through it after that.)

We started picking up application from january 2007. applied to few of the schools. then talked to lot of people.
    we were back in march 2007 end. went in for entrance exams. when we went in for entrance, talked to other parents, found the +ve adn -ve.

One very reputed school said u need not write any entrance madam, there are lot of recommendations from minister level and all, so u come tomorrow afternoon, we will think about a solution in other words i was offered a seat for more than 50k donation.

Another reputed school had a column for capitation fee. starting at 20k...upwards.

Then they got selected into 3 schools. we sat in a relaxed manner. talked to both the kids. asked their opinion. ultimately they are the one who have to feel comfortable staying in school.

Now they have really adjusted and are coping well. Syllabus wise they have no problem.

but the march to june time they used the time to get adjusted by travelling by auto/bus and even walk. go to a coaching center for chess/swimming and all.
    we did not want the kids to get any nri treatment.

I feel relax, there are options. you talk to your kids. dont go on to the negatives. yes definitely the cleanliness part is a negative. but most schools are better.

Just in the threads on schools itself u have got a selection of few schools. ask your friend/family in india to give a call to the school. find out if they have french. then pick up the applications. Come down. Get your child admitted.

So all the best.

2. bagy

bagy New IL'ite

Thank you shanthi for your reply. Actually, my elder one is very adjusting and even wants to be in chennai :-D . When compared to other desi kids here, he knows the pros/cons of being in chennai but is willing to do it. So, that will not be a problem and my younger one is just turning 5. So, too young to know anything about the pros/cons. i am planning to call the schools myself. i am not even hung up on cbse or matric. because i know that a kid who shines is going to shine anywhere. as i said before, i am just looking for decent facilities in a school. i am not for my kids being treated special. just want them to avoid the pitfalls that i had :-D . thats all.

thank you for your input. it is very much appreciated.

bagy

3. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi ajaya

jaigopal garodia hindu vidyalaya, christ king convent are also a reputed educational institutions in thambaram

4. vembu27

vembu27 New IL'ite

Re: Schools in or near Tambaram

Hi,
    I am S.Vembu, presently my husband is working at Bangalore, Electronic city - we are temp. located at Hosur. we have our house at Chitlapakkam, near Vivekanandha Vidyalaya school & it will take min. 5 min. from our school. we were little bit confused between V.Vidyalaya school and NSN, chitlapakkam. our daughter is 2 years old now. we are planning to come back to chennai in mid of next year and put her in pre-KG at V.Vivekanandha vidyalaya near our house. I would request you to share some useful info' on V.Vidyalaya's performance - since your daughter is studying in this school, i thought of seeking your valuable inputs. when do they distribute the admission form (for pre-KG / LKG)...she was born on 18th July 2005? would it be fine if we put her in pre-KG from next Saraswathi Pooja / do we need to wait till June 2009 for LKG admission. i have asked too many questions....please help us.:)

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    S.Vembu.

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai Friends

I want to tell about GOOD EARTH since my son is studying there from LKG (now he is in 3rd ) ICSE SYLLABUS WITH GOOD INFRA STRUCTURE

Its is such a nice school, where ur children can learn wverything with fun and without fear to anything anybody. they teach everything in playway method and its ABL actvity based learrning system. their main quote is NO FEAR NO TEAR
    NO REWARDS NO PUNISHMENTS

GOOD EARTH main assets is the TEACHERS , so kind, so sweet, very informative and what not. your kid will get individual attention and care in all aspects, since to give quality education they limit the strength. They also provide Lunch to kids from 1st standard, where kids learn to eat all types of food and table manners etc etc

And, they dont be;leive in home works, and no exams till 6th standard.

and children will speak and write GOOD ENGLISH

they used to take for lot of field trips and give innovative project works etc

Management and Teachers will be very friendly with parents , so u can go and talk to them and discuss anything with them frankly definitely they will guide in good manner.

iam so proud that my son is stuyding in GOOD EARTH (hope u might hav heard that the school is thought of J.KRISHNAMURTHI)

:yes: closing ur eyes u can admit ur son in GOOD EARTH

eVEN THOUGH THEE ADMISSIONS ARE OVER THEY WILL DEFINITELY GIVE SOME CONSIDERATION FOR TRANSFERS

latamurali

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi latamurali,

looks like you are so impressed with the school...what is school website...are you also working in the school.?

7. shrutivarshney

shrutivarshney New IL'ite

hi friend my situation is the same as yours.feeling little secured after getting this site.my husband will work in infosys mahindra city. i have a son who is 3 yr old and we r deadly looking for schools from tambaram to mahindra city.
    my main concentration is ab't neat and clean school,extra cirricular activities,
    playground,playarea,computer lab apart from studies which he should really get at this tender age.i don't know whether i am write but all good schools seem to be in the city which is very far frm these places.but somebody has told abt sankara vidhyalaya study wise. but i have found one more called mahindra world school in mwc. if anybody can helpme in getting a good school for a 3 yr old boy i would highly appreciate.....thnx

8. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

If you are ready to stay in Tambaram,

Then Good Earth is a best option for a 3 year old. They have a website and you could check out more details about that school in that.

9. shrutivarshney

shrutivarshney New IL'ite

Re:for good earth school,chennai

thnks friend for the update.is tambaram not a good place to stay.right now i am in velachery but does not know much abt the city. by the site of good earth
    it seems they r good at senior level as nothing for playschool is written.if u have any more knowledge for the play school pls leme know that...

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi shruti,

It looks like you are worried about your hubby travelling long distances...then why dont you check out mwc school...i think the schools started operations....why dont you contact them..for more details...

There is sushil hari vidhayala..again residential...you can check them out.as i dont have an idea if they accept days scholars.....they are on the vandalur-kelambakkam road....Sushil Hari International Residential School.