1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Schools in Markham

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by ranusheila, May 13, 2010.

1. ranusheila

ranusheila New IL'ite

Hi,
    We are going to move to Markham in Canada in Aug.I have a 4yr old kid and would like to know what are the best public schools in that area.And what are the Indian grocery stores near/in that area?

Sheila

Last edited: May 13, 2010

2. samnamahmood

samnamahmood New IL'ite

Hi,

Welcome to Canada. Markham is a very good place to live in and you will find lots of indian and pakistani people living there. Certain areas have chinese people too depends on where you stay. Here most kids go to public schools as you know and they all are have the same education system and your kid will be going to the school which will be close to where you stay. i live in etobicoke and have never lived in markham but have friends living there. Regarding grocery you will find many indian grocery stores.

Good Luck.

3. srilaram

srilaram New IL'ite

HI Everyone,
    I have joined lL very recently,but I have been a viewer to this forum since past one year,and really loved the way you all support each other,share ideas,helpout etc.,
    As we are in the process of migrating to canada ,I have joined this group and will sincerely appreciate for any information you share with me.
    I have earlier inquired about admission into schools there but did not get any replies,so once again I request you to please let me know if the public schools there admit students in between the academic year? My kids are studying 7th and 2nd.We may be coming there between september-december.I believe the academic session starts from august there.So it is very important for us to know if we can get admission for our children in between the session as well.Otherwise I have to consider joining my husband next year.
    Any info on this and also any other important info about schools there which new migrants like us have to know,will be of great use.:bowdown
    Thank you,
    Srilaram.