Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi,

Scouting for schools is a tough job.

Here i am just trying to give the website address of the some of the schools, thinking it could be useful.
    (CBSE Schools)
    1. headstart - Headstart Learning Centre, Chennai, INDIA
    2. vel's vidyashram - Vel's Vidyashram a unit of Vel's Group of Institutions (It is not a psbb school. it has been formed with the ideas/collaboration of the dean of psbb Mrs.YGP.)
    3. vael's billabong - Welcome to Vael's Billabong High International School, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-Vels Group of Institutions
    4. bala vidya mandir - Bala Vidya Mandir - Home
    5. st.britto's academy - www.stbrittos.com
    6 the school- the school - Krishnamurti Foundation India (KFI), Chennai -
    7.Arsha vidya mandir - Arsha Vidya Gurukulam Home. (The school had not yet got its affiliation to cbse.)
    8. sankara school - :: Indian Education Trust ::
    9. Chettinad vidyashram - www.cvs.ac.in
    10.PSBB - www.psbbschools.ac.in
    11. PSBB milennium - About Us (This is not related to psbb. they have taken ideas from psbb mrs.ygp. but actually run by some businessmen nri.)
    12. Vidya mandir - Vidya Mandir
    13. Pon vidyashram - 2 schools one in valsaravakkam, another in injambakkam? these are part of the psbb schools.

hope it helps.
    love
    shanthi.

2. arshi1611

arshi1611 New IL'ite

Hi all !
    I was going through all the information you guys have put up over here and its very nice to see how everyone goes out to help others.:2thumbsup: I'm new to this so i really don't know... infact i don't even know what new threads is and how its different to posts... i guess it will take some time n some help from you before i get used to it . As for the admission tension i'm surely worried for my daughter. I hope she also gets into a good school.Can anyone tell me if St. Anns Convent, in porur is good or not?? Thats the only school i found in porur from the net.Anyways its great to be here there's so much of information n everyone has so many things to share.Looking forward to make friends here :)

3. arshi1611

arshi1611 New IL'ite

Dear Shanthi, thanx alot for the information about various schools. It helped me alot as i could get their website and numbers so easily. I was wondering where to start but u've really made it so simple. thanx once again.:-D

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    there is the Arsha Vidya Mandir in velechery main road. It is affialiated to cbse.MY sis in law is working in pssb T.Nagar. Her friend has joined this school. The address is 114 velechery main road Guindy. yours kanaka raghavan

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi kanaka,

I am not sure, recently in feb end, my fil had called the arsha vidya mandir school and they told him they are not cbse. and are yet to get the affliation. so we checked the cbse website in the list of affliated schools, it is not there... otherwise the feedback about the school is good.

love,
    shanthi.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi arshi,

There is one samy school in porur which is cbse. not having the address.

love,
    shanthi

7. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Hope all of you had given a mass of information about all schools.shanvy has given a list of schools.Among those i would like to give my opinion abt PSBB MILLINIEUM SCHOOL.My sister's son is studying LKG there.It is in guindy-GST Road.Started two years back.What i feel was they train the students well.They aim for all round development of the personality.I can make it out from the performance of my sister's son:2thumbsup: .They improve the confidence level of the students.:yes: Every month they ask the parents to come and give a correct ,accurate,exact feedback of the student.That is all.This is just my feedback and opinion.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  8. arshi1611

arshi1611 New IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Thanx for the name i will find the address. I checked out the other schools and wrote to them.Headstart said that they are already booked and don't have any vacant seat but i can send them the form and when they have a vacancy then they will get back to me... PSBB MIL has not replied but anyways its a start... lets see... and thanx to you i have atleast some names to go through. I'm thinking that even if i don't get a very good school i'll enroll my daughter to a school and try again next year when admission begins... lets hope for the best.
    thanx once again.
    love
    arshi

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

hai Shanthi,
    you have done an excellent job of collecting data about Chennai schools:2thumbsup:
    I would like to inform you people about the telephone numbers of two organisations which give you info about Chennai.
    1. Yellow Pages - 044 28476666
    2.Hello Chennai - 044 24444444
    You can get info about Chennai from these people. Try that also.
    I read in Aval Vikatan that the Ahibhilamadam Oriental School in West Mambalam is a very best school. The uniform may seems old fashioned but they teach culture and value also and so the children are sure to be balanced in life. Even though they teach Vedas to boys, even many Muslim students are studying in the school-they also chant the Vedas, participate in competitions for the same and win prizes.
    Their result is 100% always and with first class.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear varloo,
    Yes i know these two sites give a list of the schools. But as i had stated earlier, when the kids are studying out of india, and are returning back you want them to come back with a little cushion because of various reasons.like my son has never written any examinations. daughter has taken french as second language. you will not believe i have seen almost 50+ schools before finding schools which have french from 5th. (You may again question me the logic of french) but i don't have an answer. According to the school counsellor, my daughter has a linguistic ability so had agreed to put her french. We do not want them to be treated as nri's at the same time.

ahobilam is nice school, jain school in west mambalam is quite good. pss is really good. dav gopalapuram, sharada , .....the list is quite big. Vivekanda school chromepet, vivekananda vidyalaya ,korattur, bhaktavatsalam school,korattur are all good.

And most of the returning nri's have the same problem of language. you will not believe if i mention there are people who want 10:1 student teacher ratio in the class. (but cv,sboa,and most of the leading schools have above 50:cry: )

Love,
    shanthi.