Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

hi Jayakrish

Thanks for ur input. I dont have first hand knowledge about Billabong, just decided on the school looking at their very impressive website and from the inputs given to me by a couple of friends. I was very apprehensive about the decision that I made but now after reading ur post I think I have made the right choice. Thanks again.
    Where u planning on settling down in chennai, what made u come back to US.

Regards,
    Jothi.

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Jothi

PSBB is a good choice.....but please consider some of this...One thing is the children will be under a lot of stress because PSBB is known for pressurising kids to the limit.Secondly,most kids who study there have a lot of superiority complex.This is what I have heard and seen too.

3. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

I agree with you on PSBB. I dont think I will put them in PSBB right away. May be after a year later and that too, I dont think I will get admission in PSBB because they never have any openings for higher classes. PSBB has a good overall rating and the percerntage of kids ending up in IIT's and other top of the line colleges is very high, so I guess they are doing a good job.
    Thanks for ur concern,

Jothi.

4. jayakrish

jayakrish New IL'ite

Hi Jothi,

I had to go to India in the middle of the school year because my Father in law was sick . We were thinking of putting the kids in school and then see how things go with my FIL's health. But luckily he got better and we decided not to put them in school there.We came back to the US in Jan and the children are back in school here . We are still contemplating about going back for good for the next academic year. If we go back my first choice would be Billabong. They told me that for the 2nd language also, they would test the child and put them in the appropriate level [like if yr child doesnt know hindi/tamil , they will start her/him at the 1st level ]and gradually move them to their grade level . This would take a lot of pressure off the child.
    Goodluck again with yr move.

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Thanks Jayakrish.
    Thanks for you input and information. Your post made me feel a lot better about the choice that I have made.

Jothi.

6. jayalakshmig

jayalakshmig New IL'ite

Hi

I am facing a major problem in getting a admission for my son aged 3+years.
    I just moved to chenai from cochin. I am a software engineer.
    When i came here i got to know that the admission to LKG in good schools are been closed. I am staying in K.K nagar. I tried schools padmasheshadri & Jawahar. I dont know much about other schools.
    Pls any body help me to get an admission to my son in a good CBSE syllabi school near by K.K. nagar.

Thanks in advance
    Jayalakshmi.G

7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Can someone suggest some good schools in and around Perambur please.This is for my sister's son who will be going to II std next year.

8. kavimuthu

kavimuthu New IL'ite

Jothi,

Few questions on Billabong.
    1. Is it CBSE/ICSE/Matric?
    2. What is their fee structure (enrollment and term fees?)
    3. Did you have to make a trip from the US to Chennai for registration? Some schools insist on seeing the children first.
    4. Do they have any entrance exams?
    5. What about the tamil language problem? My daughter is studying 3rd grade here in the US and I am in the same boat as you are. What is the school policy on this?

Kindly share the details, it will help us to do the necessary. We are planning on r2i during April 07. The schools start in June 1st week. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

regards
    kavitha

9. kavimuthu

kavimuthu New IL'ite

Also if someone has feedback on Hari Shree Vidyalaya in RA Puram kindly share them here. Thanks.

regards
    kavitha

10. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Kavitha,

Welcome to IL. I have PMed you regarding the information you wanted. Let me know if you need anymore help. I can help as much as I can. we are planning to retun in April too.

Enjoy your time in IL.

Regards,
    jothi.